Welding Glass

Name
Scott
Edit My Images
No
I'd been meaning to get some for ages and finally ordered and received some in the past few days.

I ordered number 14 (I just had the whole bigger is better mentality that day) but now I've received it, I'm wondering if it may be too strong. I've only had a quick look at it but could only just see a bare bulb switched on that was about a foot away.

Can anyone advise on what strength they use? And also how they mount it? (I've seen a few different ways including elastic bands from the body to the glass, glueing it to an empty filter ring, and just blu-tacking it to the lens.)

Found that the glass is slightly too small to fit over the lens I'm using (Sigma 10-20mm f/3.5 82mm filter) so I've ordered a cheap filter system as I won't exactly be using it very often.

The Jackson HSL100 lens is the one to get, i sell bucket loads as it has a larger viewing area than most, and is relatively cheap.
Jackson (an American company) have for some reason stopped making that helmet, but I have a third party company that I now get a similar helmet, and it takes the same lenses.

And shade 14 is VERY dark.........I don't even stock them as I've never known a welder use anything more than a shade 12....

Back