Well I like them!

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
I know Starlings are not exactly rare or even taken notice of too much but I just love the colours in these birds. We have a gang of them that visit as do probably every poster on here but I don't see any posts of them :shrug:

Well anyway hope you like it

sor9qd.jpg

Thanks for looking
John

Hehe beautiful shot....I just posted a starling shot yesterday too :) I love their colours too...and you certainly caught them here. We have loads of starlings but my dad in Northampton has none! He just gets greenwoodpeckers...sparrow hawks.....go figure :D

Hehe beautiful shot....I just posted a starling shot yesterday too :) I love their colours too...and you certainly caught them here. We have loads of starlings but my dad in Northampton has none! He just gets greenwoodpeckers...sparrow hawks.....go figure :D

Funny you should mention that as I had a Sparrow Hawk in my apple tree about a month ago. This morning was the usual suspects and I'm trying to get as close as I can. The Blackbird is within 3ft of my tempting mealworms but holds out as he knows my arm will ache in the end and I put the pot down he then dives in :) The Robin is sort of getting braver and will fly in and take a mealworm if I'm about 10ft back and We also have a Dunnock that is even harder to get close too but I'm working on it. While the Blackbird was filling his belly (crop) one of the Bovva Boi Starlings flew down withing a few feet of me too. Am i too easily pleased :LOL:

Cracking shot i like the way you captured the shiny feathers.

Thanks for commenting James I have a couple more I took and one looks like it could be a really nice one. Will put it through the mill and post it later :)

Last edited:
I pefer the first one John, great detail and the light is so good (y)

I pefer the first one John, great detail and the light is so good (y)

Thanks Carol I appreciate your comments (y) I think I agree with you on the choice. I seem to be getting closer and closer on these birds and only stand out in the yard playing statues, not a hide in sight :)

They are beautifully sharp shots.
Lance.

Thanks for taking the time to comment Lance, I didn't play with the colours on these only the normal sharpening, contrast and levels, so I'm very happy as to how these ones turned out :)

Nice and sharp these John (y) The first shows off all the beautiful colours these birds have.

Back