Well impressed! Crucial FTW

:agree:

Got my RAM from them a while back - their online system checker is great. As is their service.

Oh, the RAM was pretty damn good too!

Also, very easy to install.

(y)

Ordered 2gb of ram for the laptop yesterday, late morning (around 11). Turned up in the post this morning.

Big (y) to Crucial (www.crucial.com)

Are you gonna fit it yourself ?.....I'm slightly scared of laptops, my Vaio has so much sony crap running on it 512mb of memory only just covers it.
Why DO they DO that, sell you a laptop with in effect, no memory to run apps with....idjuts.
I got memory for my desktop from crucial, I wouldn't bother going anywhere else, they're great.
This Vaio will run 2gigs, if I can muster up the confidence to dismantle it:shrug:

^ already done and installed by the time I'd written the message.

Was easy mate, just unscrew the back, find existing ram, pull that out, and push new ram in. Gave the whole thing a good blow with a tin of compressed air and put it all back together.

Time to find the screwdrivers: 20 minutes.
Time to install RAM : 5 minutes

:LOL:

hmmm, this is getting expensive:cautious:

natural thought process-

Do I need a new desktop ??....is it right that my girlfriends laptop will have twice the memory of MY desktop for email and buying knickers/plantpots at M&S online......:cautious:

I've ordered from Crucial on Sunday and had the memory turn up on the Monday morning which when you think I live in Inverness fair knocked me flat!

I've ordered from Crucial for years, and they've never let me down, their prices are constantly brilliant, as is their 'ram chooser' application.

Be aware that not all laptops are as easy to change the Ram in, but generally they're designed to pretty straightforward.

I bought a 2GB 667MHz SODIMM from Crucial a couple of months ago for ~£30. All was fine but the price was a bit steep.

I just bought another 3 sticks of 2GB SODIMM, this time 800MHz from 7dayshop, for £17.99 each + £3.95 postage on the whole order, minus 2% cash back for buying via Quidco. So that's about £19 per 2GB stick. I've run two of the sticks through Dell's full memory test procedure (about an hour of intensive access) on my XPS M1710 and they checked out perfectly. I'm now running Vista Home Premium X64 without a hitch. Unfortunately the ancient Intel chipset only makes 3327MB available to the OS, which sucks, but that's old hardware for you :(

http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/default.php?cat=11&type=11040&man=0&filterwords=&go=SEARCH&comp=

http://www.quidco.com/7dayshop/

Changing the RAM was a piece of cake - I've done it several times on different laptops. Obvious precautions before opening it up are to remove the battery and turn off the mains power. Some recommend leaving the power supply connected, but turned off at the mains, so that there is still an earth connection, and also touching earth themselves as well. This will minimise any risk of damage from static discharge. Personally I get by just fine by disconnecting all power. For me, earthing myself is strictly optional and these days I rarely bother. Mind you, I don't wear nylon underpants :)

hmmm, this is getting expensive:cautious:

natural thought process-

Do I need a new desktop ??....is it right that my girlfriends laptop will have twice the memory of MY desktop for email and buying knickers/plantpots at M&S online......:cautious:

you need a very high spec computer to buy knickers hasn't anybody told you this;)

you need a very high spec computer to buy knickers hasn't anybody told you this;)

Y'know, I think its gonna be worth it just to cut down the "its broke now with 14 browser windows open" distress calls.
And, your right, there should be no speed limit for knicker buying:D

I will agree with everything good said about Crucial after upgrading my laptop as well..........and yes it was a doddle fitting the memory.

Y'know, I think its gonna be worth it just to cut down the "its broke now with 14 browser windows open" distress calls.
And, your right, there should be no speed limit for knicker buying:D

or teach her the beauty of tabs???:thinking:

Back