Well, I've gone and done it.... Leica Q on it's way.

Name
Shane
Edit My Images
Yes
Hiya all,

Primarily I'm a film shooter. Street and Travel in the main with my Leica M6, Fuji 645 Pro, and my 1953 Zeiss Ikon Nettar II.

That trio of cameras have stood me in good stead - but I felt I was missing certain shots/experiences that getting a digital camera again would allow me to achieve.

So after a demo down at the Leica Mayfair store a couple of months ago, I visited the Manchester Leica store today to order the Leica Q.

Just a 6 week wait now ☹️

I'll never get rid my my M6 but I'm sure the Q will be a great shooting partner for it.

Ta,
Shane

Cheers Dan. :)

Yep, it's going to seem like an age.

I'm selling the Fuji 645 Pro, but I'd never sell the M6 (unless a nice M7 comes along of course :) )

Ta,
Shane.

There are a good collection of shots in this thread http://www.l-camera-forum.com/topic/248576-leica-q-image-thread/

(By good I mean they show what the camera can do in the right hands as well as demonstrating that it takes more than a great camera to make a decent image).

I think the thing that stands out for me about the Q is that it just works, the AF is astonishingly good (even better than my E-M1), EVF is fantastic and the lens is much more flexible than you'd expect. Yes, it is expensive but it should hold that value pretty well so the actual ownership cost isn't quite as bad as it first seems.

I did buy the grip and I think that is well worth purchasing as it improves the handling quite a lot. Aside from that the only extra I picked up a spare battery (you can use the Panasonic ones to save a few quid since they are 100% identical bar the writing).

Last edited:
Cheers Rich. I'll have a look.

Yep, really impressed with the EVF on the Q, EVFs are finally getting to the standard they need to be.

I've got a grip for my Leica M6, and have ordered one for the Q. I'll get it when I pick up the Q.

Ta,
Shane :)

The Manchester place in St Anne's Arcade? Drooled through the window, can't afford to go in. Well done and I'm sure you will love it... I see they are doing 0% interest free, pass the restraints.

@SlimShaney This was top of my WANT list...until I bought my M6
It's still very much in my consciousness.

Enjoy yours.

Hi Ken,

Yep - that's the place. Really nice staff in there. It's worth popping in :)

Lol, didn't notice the 0% credit - I used savings, but if that's the case then yep restraints would no doubt be needed :)

Cheers Trevor :)

Well the Q has arrived.

Had an email yesterday saying it had arrived. Just collected it from Leica Manchester, and currently waiting at the station to get the train back to Stoke :)

Damn..... No kittens! I thought that was obligatory when shooting a new camera :)

Yep - I was really surprised it arrived so quickly. Perhaps the stock availability is sorting itself out now.

Ta,
Shane.

Hiya all,

Primarily I'm a film shooter. Street and Travel in the main with my Leica M6, Fuji 645 Pro, and my 1953 Zeiss Ikon Nettar II.

That trio of cameras have stood me in good stead - but I felt I was missing certain shots/experiences that getting a digital camera again would allow me to achieve.

So after a demo down at the Leica Mayfair store a couple of months ago, I visited the Manchester Leica store today to order the Leica Q.

Just a 6 week wait now ☹️

I'll never get rid my my M6 but I'm sure the Q will be a great shooting partner for it.

Ta,
Shane
6 week wait??

ImageUploadedByTalk Photography Forums1454227769.201736.jpg

BTW, hope you have a cool down period, you could have got one for just over £7 apparently, lol!!

Nice one Rich, do you have any shots/galleries?

Ta,
Shane
@dancook has a webpage with some superb images he shot with the Leica Q. Don't know what the etiquette is about posting a link to another member's webpage is, but if you google Leica Q Street Photography I think it's in the first few hits.

Congrats Shane :) lovely camera

this is my blog that Snerkler mentioned
leicaqstreet.wordpress.com

I have also just ordered the Leica Q it should be here Wednesday my day off next week . Looks like some limited stock arriving Clifton and Park cameras have them in stock currently.

Back