Well I've gone and done it

Keltic Ice Man

Glossary King
Name
Allan
Edit My Images
Yes
Entered the big league!!

Just ordered off the web a Canon 350d with kit lens :)

It'll be quite a jump from my Fuji S602 Zoom but I was really wanting Raw - So before it comes how many pics will i get on a 1GB CF card?

Now to wait for Mr Postman........

anyone remember the roadrunner - things always turned up 3 seconds after he ordered from Acme. Think this might be a week then years to learn how to use it :D

you wont be disappointed, but be prepared to climb a steep learning curve!

It's a number even I can remember, 'cos whenever I have an empty 2GB card on the 30D it tells me I can take 222 pics. :) So, quick sum..... er.... call it 110 on a 1GB card. ;) It should be the same on the 350D.

However, the RAW files are compressed (lossless) so they're not a fixed size - if anything you should get a few more than it says.

Time to save up for a portable storage device..... :D

OT: Hello Silky, long time no post!

Hi matty - I did post something yesterday about filters and lens caps or something. :) Only it was wrong because 7dayshop don't sell pinch caps any more. :( Oh well.

I've been looking in occasionally but have spared you from my spam. :D

matty said:
be prepared to climb a steep learning curve!

Will you people stop taking my name in vain!!? :)

Congrats Keltic Ice Man I think you'll love it, I could get about 160-170 shots using RAW on a 1gb card on my 300d.

Welcome to the expensive 'what lens next club' ! :clap:

Shame about the choice but no accounting for taste ...:naughty:

One things for sure ... you WILL enjoy ! ;)

silkstone said:
Hi matty - I did post something yesterday about filters and lens caps or something. :) Only it was wrong because 7dayshop don't sell pinch caps any more. :( Oh well.

I've been looking in occasionally but have spared you from my spam. :D

You spam all you want Silky, its nice to see you posting again, even if i did miss yesterdays!:coat:

Steep, sorry spelin was neva my best subject:shrug:

hi allan
you'll love it mate, i love every inch of mine, you should get approx 120 pics in Raw, to a 1GB card.

You can't really beat an SLR.... end of! Congrats. :)

Nice one (y)

I had the s602 before I made the step up to 300D and then 20D

Start saving now, because you'll start buying all the things you didn't think you'd ever need. :D

Oh boy is your life about to get expensive! Best get the grip on your wish list now though if your long-term aims include any longer lenses!

So it's not arrived yet then?! ;)

Keltic Ice Man said:
So before it comes how many pics will i get on a 1GB CF card?
It must depend on the card, I get 109 on a 1gig Integral card, and 100 on a Scandisk Ultra II.

congrats Keltic, now you can spend all your time obsessing over which gadget to get next :D

Just popped my Kingston 1gb card in and it reads 115 shots from empty so there or thereabouts.

Welcome to the obsession :)

Hehe yup 110-120 is about right for a 1gig card on the 350D.
Bear in mind that you may get more or less depending on the content of the photos.... Thats why the remaining photo count is always only a rough guide ;)

I almost always get more shots than the camera tells me I can fit on a card.

Btw great purchase, you won't be disappointed.

My once piece of advice would be to read the manual first - I know it's not something us blokes do well but in this case it really helps.

So... what lens next? ;) :p

Back