Well over 200mph

Dangermouse

Squeaky Clean
Edit My Images
No
Mike our mate who imports these babies gave us a treat a 250mph dive from 6000ft into a flypast at well over 200mph

A standard one can get up to 220mph but this ones a bit special it can do well over 270mph plus more

_DSC0004-2.jpg

Here he is doing well over 200mph and 4ft off the ground (yes 4ft the plane is tiny) and it went vertical about 40ft away from the end of the runway

AWESOM STUFF

At that speed well captured!

Paul

Its about time we got you motorsports people up in the welsh mountains - then we'll talk about fast ;)

Seriously though, great photo with a slow enough shutter to avoid prop-freeze - very nicely done.

But the VNE (Velocity Never Exceed) limit of this aircraft is 197MPH and the maximum manouvering speed is 125MPH. I certainly wouldn't fly it after him! He is certainly pulling your leg about the performance of this aircraft! Or he is exceeding its structural limits.

Last edited:
That looks like a properly cool little toy. How much does one of those set you back?

But the VNE (Velocity Never Exceed) limit of this aircraft is 197MPH and the maximum manouvering speed is 125MPH. I certainly wouldn't fly it after him! He is certainly pulling your leg about the performance of this aircraft! Or he is exceeding its structural limits.

I dont think he was fibbing Its his highly modded one which he uses for displays and publicity and he did shoot by at a terrific rate of knots

These are airframe structural limits. The aircraft can be fitted with more powerful engines and more advanced props to make it go faster. However to exceed the airframe limits is unwise and not uncommon to prove fatal. However, great shot.

Heres another that shows a bit of speed (to fast for me Im afraid so a bit oof)

Next time I speak with him I will ask him for the spec and let you know Dave

_DSC0005-2.jpg

That looks like a lot of fun to fly! I agree with Dave though; the only way you'd get me in that would be if the seat had MB stamped on it!

Cheesy

Back