Well that's buggered then!

No, it just goes into a sulk and refuses to play unless you waste a frame by winding on again with the bellows open. :D
Then there's pressing the shutter button before cocking the shutter... in which case, winding on is the only way of defeating the anti-double exposure system. Unless you very carefully reach underneath the bellows with a finger and fire the shutter release mechanism that way. I can't guarantee the avoidance of terminal damage or disaster if you try that, or how the image will turn out (as you won't be looking through the viewfinder, you'll be carefully making sure your finger doesn't damage the bellows or the shutter release mechanism!). Not that I've ever made that mistake and done something like that to avoid the loss of a frame, of course! :whistle: Do be careful if you decide to explore this, and remember that the loss of 1/8th of a roll of 120 will cost a lot less than a camera repair or a replacement 820. (y)

At what distance are you trying to align the lenses? I would be aligning them based on infinity, if you're not already trying this.

From your post and that previous link you pasted above, it sounds like you might be trying to align these using minimum focus distance, which wouldn't be my recommendation.

It is probably a multi start thread, and you are starting in the wrong thread. Many focus mechanisms use them. Offer it up at a quarter or third rotation and try again.

Some interesting cameras there, The Ensign Selfix 820 seems to be £150+ the 16-20 is far more reasonably priced.
The Zeiss Ikon Ikonta 521/16 is a decent price at around £30.
Zeiss ikonta price will depend on the lens the novar is three element and the far better tessar is 4 element.

A long time ago I used to prepare video cameras for news camera ops and I d have to check focus on all cameras before they left the stores, we used a focus chart like this. 05B5B741-C515-45E7-817B-DA520F03FEE1.jpeg05B5B741-C515-45E7-817B-DA520F03FEE1.jpeg
you should be able to print one out to give you something to focus on.

A long time ago I used to prepare video cameras for news camera ops and I d have to check focus on all cameras before they left the stores, we used a focus chart like this. View attachment 278219View attachment 278219
you should be able to print one out to give you something to focus on.
The "swivel-eyed loon" from another thread comes to mind here. Did you perhaps forget a blinking emoji, Nick? ;)

Back