Mr Bump

From under the bridge
Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
so got the comedy renewal at contract end
up from £37 to £51 coming your way sir
quick call and we can keep it at £37 for the next 18 months.

wow.....faint
not that i will be needing 18 months but no need to tell them that

How does one do that? Do you just threaten to cancel?

I've had mine in for about 15 months now at £45 and I'm fearing what they're jack the price up to in about 3 months time.

I've had mine in for about 15 months now at £45 and I'm fearing what they're jack the price up to in about 3 months time.
Just call a month before the end date and go to thinking of leaving option, see what they offer.

If it is not good enough, and you have marketing preference switch on, tell them to cancel and wait for retention to call you.

If they do not call in a few days and you do not have any other decent providers in the area call back and ask what they can offer again and then you need to decide if you stick or move.

just call them up select the looking to cancel option, you need to do this right at the end of your contract though as you have the power then.

the important bit....... "behave realy nice and be very curious and professional , lots of please and thank you and just keep pecking away"

always works for me.

Just call a month before the end date and go to thinking of leaving option, see what they offer.

If it is not good enough, and you have marketing preference switch on, tell them to cancel and wait for retention to call you.

If they do not call in a few days and you do not have any other decent providers in the area call back and ask what they can offer again and then you need to decide if you stick or move.

yeah pretty much also go on the VM website and look in your account what you can upgrade to.
I found this year that my 125mb was £37 , my quote for same for 18 months was £51.
when i checked my upgrade options it was £48 to upgrade to 250mb so instantly you have that in you pocket when you make the call.

simples :)

Thanks guys I'll give it a shot. I don't think I have any other contracts or utilities that work like this - where they give you one price and then jack it up after 18 months.

I've got the 1Gbps BB package with VM but I do also have a 4G router and data sim that I use for travelling. Get about 40mbps on that, so I think I'll tell them I'm going to cancel and stick with that. See if it works! At least I won't be left with nothing.

Thanks guys I'll give it a shot. I don't think I have any other contracts or utilities that work like this - where they give you one price and then jack it up after 18 months.

I've got the 1Gbps BB package with VM but I do also have a 4G router and data sim that I use for travelling. Get about 40mbps on that, so I think I'll tell them I'm going to cancel and stick with that. See if it works! At least I won't be left with nothing.

I also have VM BB + TV and phone. I was facing a substantial increase when my last contract expired but eventually they renewed for the existing price. Getting through to retentions seems to do the trick and/or cancelling. Being a long term customer helps. All seems a bit of an unnecessary game.

How do you find 1Gbps?

Blistering fast, I regularly get speeds of 1.2Gbps download, so very happy with it. Fastest internet connection I've ever experienced.

my Greek house has the super deluxe package.....20mb usually between 14-16

I have been a VM customer since they first started to install in Bristol* - way before the VM name came into being. For the past ten years we have had their biggest TV, BB & landline package and for a while even had our mobile phones with them. Each time our contract is coming towards its end I ring up and ask what discount they will give and we start the merry-go-round which invariably ends with a 50% discount. Sometimes it is easy, sometimes they appear not to want to play ball but in the end we get what we want.

I agree with DM97732 above, the 1Gb is very fast for downloads but why, oh why, can't they give the same upload speed? It would speed up sending files to my off-site back-up site no end.

* I helped a friend of mine install their first telephone exchange in Victoria Street.

I have been a VM customer since they first started to install in Bristol* - way before the VM name came into being.
i started off with telewest, my email address is still @blueyonder, im getting 260meg downloads thats fast enough for several of us to stream , ive the BB telly package and phone ( despite us putting the landlines away to decorate and not bother putting it back last year, i should get round to removing it from the package but just cant be bothered ringing up)

Unless you don't have the basic call package, not sure if they will reduce the price much as if I removed my weekend only call package and just kept BB they quoted a higher price.

Unless you don't have the basic call package, not sure if they will reduce the price much as if I removed my weekend only call package and just kept BB they quoted a higher price.

yeah i had that years ago in fact at one time they offered me a £5 discount to keep the phone, i got rid a few years after and havn't had a land line now for over 10 years

i have also been with them from way back i think about 25 years maybe, remember it being blue yonder , my first package was 5mb

I will say though I would never move from virbin BB in all the years it has been rock solid for me/
it will be sad when i cancel later this year as i will be spending very little time in the UK

Last edited:
Back