Welsh Coastline

Name
Duncan
Edit My Images
Yes
A quick set of ones from the last trip down to Wales and enjoying the lovely coastline and a sunset to boot. Feedback welcome.
Welsh Coastline by DuncanTyson, on Flickr

Light for the next two kept flicking around and went extremely blue...I dont know that I've managed to balance the tones as well as I'd hoped with these two, but this is as close as i'd got to the light the way it was that evening.

Headland Painterly Light by DuncanTyson, on Flickr

Not quite the light I wanted as it went a little flat on the hut, but I still felt it was worth it with the distant fells.
Fishing Hut on the Welsh Coastline by DuncanTyson, on Flickr

I like these, but your horizons need tweaking.

Cheers for the horizon spot. I actually didn't do a relevelling on any. Oops. I'll get them sorted! Thanks Viv/Alf.

Thanks for the feedback on the second shot too Mark. Probably my favourite of the bunch too.

Nice - where were these taken?
Did you use some light on the hut on the third?

Second image is my pick but a very nice set. (y)

I was curious about the light on the hut too.

Nice - where were these taken?
Did you use some light on the hut on the third?
taken on the Llŷn Peninsula just south of Morfa Nefyn on one of the secluded little old fishing bays.
Second image is my pick but a very nice set. (y)

I was curious about the light on the hut too.
is it too much? I wanted to lift it slightly with some light. It was a lots of the dodge and burn area.

Thanks, done colwyn bay and area, spent a week in Anglesea, walked the whole of the Pembrokeshire coastal path and the Gower, didn't recognise this bit - it's a location I haven't been too yet, so thats now on the list :D

So the hut was lifted in post? I've done similar before lighting with a small ledlenser torch

is it too much? .

I don't think it's so much the light on the hut itself, more the ground in front of it. I'd darken that area back slightly but only a smidge as it's not overpowering or anything as it is.

Thanks, done colwyn bay and area, spent a week in Anglesea, walked the whole of the Pembrokeshire coastal path and the Gower, didn't recognise this bit - it's a location I haven't been too yet, so thats now on the list :D

So the hut was lifted in post? I've done similar before lighting with a small ledlenser torch
It was lifted in post with the foreground just burnt ever so slightly.

I don't think it's so much the light on the hut itself, more the ground in front of it. I'd darken that area back slightly but only a smidge as it's not overpowering or anything as it is.
Dale are you saying darken the foreground or the hut itself?

Personally, I'd darken the grass, but not by much. I'd just try it though to see if it works, you can always control z. ;)

Prefer the first two but I can sit and watch the sea all day,, and night. Nice spot.

Back