Welsh premier league rugby

Name
Richard
Edit My Images
Yes
Managed to get some pictures Saturday but awful weather (grey, rain, very dark, no floodlights) meant forced to use iso1600 so plenty of noise. Even at that setting by 3.30 the shots underexposed leading to even more noise.
Still have an issue with lack of sharpness and/or focus so my technique with AI server still leaves a bit to be desired.

Taken with EOS450D / Tamrom 55-200 using TV mode (1/500th) ISO1600

#2 - if looks could kill:

#3 Waiting to tackle

#4 Break

#5 Kick charge down attempt

I prefer #4 with the expressions of sporting endeavour on the faces. #5 is an unusual image, it's a shame about the background - don't see a lot of charged down kick images. Well done in adverse conditions.

I prefer #4 with the expressions of sporting endeavour on the faces. #5 is an unusual image, it's a shame about the background - don't see a lot of charged down kick images. Well done in adverse conditions.

:agree:

Going for number 4 as well. Nice shot that one... also the background sort of 'kills' the last shot. But as U said.. there isn't much one can do about that stuff!

I think number 2 has almost everything going for it... I am sure you also wished a little less grain on that one and not sure if it's my screen but a little more to bring the colors out stronger :shrug:

. I am sure you also wished a little less grain on that one and not sure if it's my screen but a little more to bring the colors out stronger :shrug:

Problem was thats taken at about 4pm where its almost completely dark (and floodlights aren't good). Despite ISO1600 and bumping down the shutter it was still under exposed by over 1.5 stops. So i had iso noise AND noise from the underexposure. Limitations of my camera and the glass there unfortunately.

Good set, 2&4 are my pick.

Series would look good as a gritty B&W also

Problem was thats taken at about 4pm where its almost completely dark (and floodlights aren't good). Despite ISO1600 and bumping down the shutter it was still under exposed by over 1.5 stops. So i had iso noise AND noise from the underexposure. Limitations of my camera and the glass there unfortunately.

I sort of thought that was it, although quite a surprise that it was still under exposed so much. But still - it is a good shot, I just like to always find bits that would maybe make it EVEN better. I should stop being so picky...:LOL:

Back