Welsh Vistas

Edit My Images
Yes
A few shots from North Wales, around Snowdon for those who are familiar, Llan Gwynant Lake.

LlynGwynantLake.jpg

SnowdonLightpool.jpg

WelshSunset.jpg

Crits and comments are always welcome

Staff Edit : Images changed to clickable links. Pictures must not exceed current forum limits as per the rules.
Please feel free to replace these with fresh/resized images and remove this text :)

Last edited:
You need to resize there before the pixel fairies come along :)
Really nice set of photos, if these were mine I would be very pleased with them.
I think #3 is my favourite, the lighting is superb.

Gorgeous group of images, #2 for me, cant beat some dappled light!

I spent a lot of time in wales as a kid, either on holidays or at the Kent Mountain Center with the school. Shame I didn't know what a camera was back then, some day I will get back over!

Thanks for sharing!

Hi,

I like 1 & 2 particularly - the lighting on 2 is especially nice, just a heads-up though - it needs levelling, Llyn Gwynant is sloping quite a bit to the left.

Not 100% sure about 3, the grey graduation in the sky is a bit distracting

just my thoughts

Simon

#1 and #2 are very good and super. Love the way the odd bits of the foreground hillside are lit up, and there is a strong feeling of scale in both. You seem to have worked through a mild HDR treatment, which works well, albeit better on #2 where the drama plays off of the technique.

#3 I am a bit lost on. Its an attractive image in some respects, but I don't feel that there is any particular focal point, and the sky is not doing anything much but distracting from everything else. Its awkwardly noisy and black on one side, blown out around the sun, and all off balance. The idea was good, but I don't feel this one quite pulls it off.

Hey all, re-sized the images now so hopefully they're a little more forum friendly. Cheers for the comments so far. Im just working on some panoramic shots of the same location, will upload them to a new post once ive finished them.

#1 & #2 for me.
#1 for the view, #2 for the light. Both are stunning.
#3 doesn't do much for me. You might want to lose the wall at the bottom as well, it's not really providing any foreground interest as it's clipped in half and it just distracts from the rest of the image.
I do love Snowdonia. Might have to see if I can get back down there over October half term.

Back