Welsh Waterfall

JPS

Edit My Images
Yes
This is Aberdulais Falls not far from Neath in south Wales. On our way back from visiting at the weekend we stopped off to see what they were like. It's part of an old tin mine/smelting area with a museum on site and also the remains of the workhouse and other buildings from years gone by. Also there is Europe's largest working water mill - this wheel provides all the electric for the site. It really is quite an interesting place - and not a bad price to get in either, part of the National Trust.

I know on this first one I got the annoying branch in the way at the top of the waterfall :bang:

Falls1.jpg

Falls2.jpg

Falls3.jpg

And here is the water wheel going round quite fast - after all, we got there about 20 mins after a deluge from the sky....

wheel.jpg

I like these, don't normally go for long waterfall exposures but these don't seem OTT...

Gary.

I like these too, #3 wins out in my opinion :)

I'll :2nd: the comments in your post also Gary

Nice job on no3 mate (y)

Only a few miles from my house :)

I like these all nice work :D

all good
#3 best! (y)

stan these are amazing shots, something to aspire too.

Any tips on how to produce shots like this.

Lovely shots, nicely exposed...did you use an ND filter at all?

Lovely shots, nicely exposed...did you use an ND filter at all?

Hi, if you're asking about the first set of photos on this thread then yes I did. ND grad (soft) was used. Only because I had taken some photos of other things that included the sky so needed something to tone it down. I left the filter in place while taking these waterfall and water wheel shots mainly for the longer exposure I would get for the water effect and the turning of the wheel.

Back