Welshwizard's Beer Glass and contents thread.

Name
Peter
Edit My Images
No
I'll start off with the best..... our hotel in the Tyrol stopped asking me what I wanted after 2 days into a week's stay. Munich's finest. From a Cask/Keg Edelstoff (Marzen) is nicer but the Helles is nicer bottlewise...
Augustiner.jpg

A walk up to Angerlalm in the Tyrol above Erpfendorf allows you a stop for sausages and Kaiserschmarnn washed down with the local beerHuber.jpg
I had three (2 Helles and 1 Dunkels) frequent stops to inspect tree bark on the way back down...

Reactions: zx9
If you go to Karlsruhe, the brewery is worth a visit. Their Weissbier is more like Kellerbeer (which I also like)...badisch.jpg
Left in Dunkel and right is Weissbier

Last edited:
National Beer of St Lucia - Piton - names after the two peaks that shadow Soufriere.... impressive label.
Piton Resized.jpg

In Freising in Bavaria, about 15-20 miles north of Munich is the home of Schneider... Their speciality is Weissbier. Their standard weissbier is darker than the usual Erdinger and is very pleasant. They do lighter and darker ones as well. Then, they have this wonderful concoction called Aventinus - 8.2% - a Doppelbock Weizen.... If you think 8.2% is too milleniall then they have a variety where water is extracted during a freezing process creating an 11-12% beer called Aventinus Eisbock - a true pangalactic gargleblaster....
IMG_0173.jpg

One of the lesser known Czech/Prague Beers... It is called Rychtar Grunt. current leader of the silly beer name contest.
F0723EF5-A6F2-483F-868A-69F69B152BE2.jpg

To the east of Hamburg there is a place called Gut Barsthorst. They do beer, but service is slow....

Attachments

• IMG_1025.JPEG
    IMG_1025.JPEG
    127.6 KB · Views: 3
Lesson time!
This beer polarises drinkers.... Either you love the smokey taste or you hate it...
Bamberg is a beautiful and photogenic city in Franconia, Northern (or Lower) Bavaria. Not targetted by USAF or RAF in WW2 so it is an authentic city.... It is famous also for its beers, brewers in town mature their malted barley in smoked rooms giving the beers a smokey taste. Aecht (Original) Schlenkerla (the owning family) do a range of smoked beers of different styles, the Marzen being the most common. Available in the UK....
Prost!
CDF04E48-F481-4B0C-A10F-98AF01E54BAF.jpg

Got an email from Majestic earlier this week, very customer oriented or I make one hell of an impression, Oktoberfestbier had arrived....
The 6 major Munich breweries create a brew, Maerzen style, for Wies'n and Paulaner is the biggest... Beers of Europe in Norwich sell a range but they don't have Augustiner (the best IMO) yet but have Paulaner, Hacker-Pschoor, Spaten, HB, Lowenbrau available....

Ein prosit, Ein prosit gemuchlichheit!

IMG_0219.jpeg

Back