Went to the Zoo today.....

Name
Rich
Edit My Images
Yes
Popped into Colchester Zoo today. It started off nice and bright but the light tailed off after lunch :(

Anyways, comments most welcome and needed!

1 Some Oiliphants

2 White Tiger

3 Lioness

4 the king

5 Pelican

6 An last but not least, my fave animal

7 check out those chompers!

Thanks for looking. there a a few more on my flickr site

Nice clear shots.(y) No 4 is the best imo. Looks like he's going to start asking questions.:thinking:

Great, great shots. I love the one of the Lion King, the way his feet are! He looks like he's just waiting for you to take the photo and then he's going to eat you!!!

A good day out.
I like 4 an 5 misself

thanks guys...
I had to wait a while for the pelican shot. there were 3 of them all together and I wanted a good reflection of just one of them!

Love them all, think they are all brilliant, but like the one of The King, especially the way he has his paws crossed.

very nice shots, 4-5 for me

4 is excellent, I also really like the playful nature of the elephants, looks like an impromtu game of tug of war is about to break out any minute.:)

I think no.4 & 5 are superb. the pose and detail in the king are fabulous.
No.2 portrays everything about a captive animal, that I dislike, this is no critisism of the shot, in fact it actually shows alot of emotion in the animals eyes !!....boredom and sadness.

Deano

Cracking set difficult to choose between them,
The "cats" are just in a world of their own, but thats a
great pose with The heffilumps but the pelican is really special (y)

Thy are all nice and clear but number 4 does it for me

The King for me but I would crop his feet out... Makes a cracking portrait.

The King for me but I would crop his feet out... Makes a cracking portrait.

I was thinking along those lines too before I got this far down the thread. Maybe not the feet, because they're interesting crossed like that, but the shot would I think be improved by taking out most of the wooden platform.

I think the foreground in the ellies shot is a bit distracting, as are the posts in the middle.

The white tiger is obviously in a zoo and doesn't really work for me, sorry.

The pelican shot is great - the reflection really makes it.

Back