We're floating in the air....

SamuelSlade007

RENEGADE!!!!!!
Name
Frank
Edit My Images
No
Indeed, floating is the name of the game. A tried and tested technique that i thought i'd use for tonights self portrait.

SP Fresh OJ Wk 01 Pc 03 by Kev_H, on Flickr

Simple how this was done:

OCF strung above me with a softbox aiming downwards at about 1/8 +something.

Shutter down to 1/80 with two spotlights on the box. ap f5

I took two shots, one of the background and box, one of me in the scene with a reflector tilted on the box towards me to reflect the light onto my face. I was balanced on a foot stool (which i kept sinking into (note for next time...lose weight))

In PS, layer one photo onto the other, use a mask tool to reveal the background and box scene, (ie me on top :naughty:.stop it!) ... then various sharpening, B/w filter bringing the green through, a polorised saturation to give it a sepia (bringing the green through again) look, desaturated it a tad...then rotated as it didn't look right and cloned in the edges. Contrast and Brightness was adjusted. I used the dodge tool to lighten my face even more and parts of my arms and legs, also a patch on the rear curtain as it was too dark...

finishing with a perfect dismount onto the mat with a High Pass sharpening and lens distort vingette ..

Seriously great idea (y) not something that I've seen before so its wonderful that you've given a breakdown as to how it was achieved (y)

Matt

really..give it a whirl..i want to try more..more bizarre ones too... we are only limited by our imaginations and how much weight a chair can take.. i must stop eating dwarf stars for supper...seriously..they'#re making me dense.. :naughty:

i've begun to incl;ude the breakdown because this is the creative section and feel that it could inspire others to try it if they knew how i did opposed to speculating/guessing , least they have a foot on the ladder

even my selective colour photo of B&Q has inspired a similar shot on flickr... next year rodney we'll be millionaires ... :LOL:

.....and Matt...i want to see at least one of these in your 366 this year... you..hovering over the motorway...light trails beneath you?

Last edited:
.....and Matt...i want to see at least one of these in your 366 this year... you..hovering over the motorway...light trails beneath you?

Yeah but then there will be calls about unexpected flying blimps over the motorway :LOL:

I really like this. I've been struggling with my photography recently, not getting my camera out as much as i used too which i've put down to lack of inspiration, and fresh ideas!

It's posts like this and many others on here that make me want to reach for my camera and try things again, thank you and for sharing your setup.

Cracking pic btw!

I really like this. I've been struggling with my photography recently, not getting my camera out as much as i used too which i've put down to lack of inspiration, and fresh ideas!

It's posts like this and many others on here that make me want to reach for my camera and try things again, thank you and for sharing your setup.

Cracking pic btw!

you're welcome Dan. it was a light bulb moment to post the setup..its no secret so i hope you get that camera and try something new and exciting very soon

Back