Scotland West coast of Scotland

Name
Gordon
Edit My Images
Yes
This September I am planning a landscape/seascape trip to the West coast of Scotland for a week or so in my motorhome. I will be travelling with my greyhound who loves to run on sand so if anyone can recommend campsites on or very near beaches I would appreciate it. I will be travelling from Hampshire and may stop of at Loch Lomond en route, Glen Coe is also not out of the question.
I did the NC500 a couple of years ago but this time I would rather base myself on the West Coast and not travel right up to the top of Scotland.
I am not a hiker and can get lost on a roundabout so will not be putting any mountain rescue teams on standby,
I do have the Fotovue photographing Scotland book but that does not recommend camping sites.
Any suggestions would be welcome.

This is a breathtaking beach location… Have seen otter prints in the sand there in the past.

In addition, it’s not far from Loch Maree

and Gruinard Island, which is otherwise known as Anthrax Island and an area where (from the mainland) you might see White-Tailed Eagle

This is a breathtaking beach location… Have seen otter prints in the sand there in the past.

In addition, it’s not far from Loch Maree

and Gruinard Island, which is otherwise known as Anthrax Island and an area where (from the mainland) you might see White-Tailed Eagle

@Fordsabroad
100% agree with all that. I've seen otters and WTEs several places in that area and MU is one of my favourite places anywhere
You may already know it if you've done the NC500 but Sands camping near Gairloch is hard to beat. Very spacious and a sand dune away from a lovely long beach. Torridon/Wester Ross is landscape/seascape heaven

Back