West Scotland early march

Name
Karl
Edit My Images
Yes
Here are 3 from the other week I had off work and spent a few days in Scotland. Very cold still hitting -9 but lovely views nonetheless when the weather cleared.

DSC_1351.jpg

DSC_1415.jpg

DSC_1584-1.jpg

Last edited:
Love them... wish I had a few days in the next few months to get away... just so much on just now.

Mark

great shots the cottages in 1&3 give a real sense of scale my favourite is number 3 (y)

Very nice set.

Thanks cosmix

Love them... wish I had a few days in the next few months to get away... just so much on just now.

Mark

Yeah its not always easy is it to just set off and get away is it. I nearly cancelled the trip but in the end thought it would do me good to get away, and it did, so well worth it.

Thanks for your input:)

great shots the cottages in 1&3 give a real sense of scale my favourite is number 3 (y)

Cheers Rob, 3 was lucky as had a break in the clouds, about 30mins after this the weather had totally changed and the snow was falling thick and fast.

Great set!
(y)

They work for me 100%, although I always thought it was Blackrock Cottage. I adore Scotland

Damn, I swear it wasn't like that earlier:thinking: Your right though and thanks for pointing that out, will get that changed:LOL:

Excelent set and #3 is superb. Lovely light, you're so lucky to have got up there while the snows about.

Andy

Nice set. Stunning scenery well captured. Took a shot of Torridon, not of that standard unfortunately, similar to yours from a layby overlooking the area. One plus of -9 - no midges! Think I lasted about 10 minutes before having to dive back in the car!:LOL: No shots from the Pass of the Cattle?

Very noice :)

A little snow to define the peaks makes pictures so much better IMO :)

I really like number #2 of these! Stunning landscape. (y) The water in the first I am finding a bit of a distraction though and it's creating a block and stopping my eye proceeding further in. Not sure if a crop is possible to retain the small house. :shrug:

Nice set. Stunning scenery well captured. Took a shot of Torridon, not of that standard unfortunately, similar to yours from a layby overlooking the area. One plus of -9 - no midges! Think I lasted about 10 minutes before having to dive back in the car!:LOL: No shots from the Pass of the Cattle?

Yeah this was from a layby, the light was ever changing fast so I took what i could on the was to Upper Torridon. Luckily at that moment in time the weather was better and 2 or 3 degrees which is much nicer, mind you the cold doesn't bother me too much, I love snow:LOL:

I like the cottage .. I'd love to live there, for a week or two

Would be awesome to live in Scotland, definitely a dream of mine. Mind you the scenery from the Southwest England where I am from is pretty nice too, just less dramatic. Thanks for the input:)

Absolutely stunning, makes me want to head there asap!!

Do it(y)

Very noice :)

A little snow to define the peaks makes pictures so much better IMO

It certainly can add a lot, cheers monkey:)

Fabulous set, its atime of the year I want to visit that area !!

Dean

We have been 3 times over the last winter season, I say "we", I went on my own 2 out of the 3 times(y)

I really like number #2 of these! Stunning landscape. (y) The water in the first I am finding a bit of a distraction though and it's creating a block and stopping my eye proceeding further in. Not sure if a crop is possible to retain the small house. :shrug:

Thanks for the comments, will check out that crop for you and see how that looks. May post it up for you:)

Great set, I must visit Scotland one day !

very nice set, was doin a bit of that myself, only -6 where i was though

Did you post up your results? I have been away from TP of late so may have missed them.

Thanks again all for the replies!

Great set.

With the 2nd image at Torrindon, try and get there for sunset as there is some excellent light. I was standing in exactly the same location as you where last October and the seen was stunning, I just messed up the exposures :bang::bonk::bonk::bonk:

Great set.

With the 2nd image at Torrindon, try and get there for sunset as there is some excellent light. I was standing in exactly the same location as you where last October and the seen was stunning, I just messed up the exposures :bang::bonk::bonk::bonk:

I can imagine, may try it next time I am up there. I was at Loch Diabaig for the sunset that day and then as I was leaving the sky erupted in a mass of pink. I got a shot but it was literally just sky and no other interest as I had just left. I have a picture of the sunset but I am not 100% on it. May post it in another thread to get feedback on that as I feel it is hit and miss with it:)

lol my eye doesn't have any problems , i'm thinking of taking a nice boat across the water and going up the mountain thats how i think and my eye looks where i want to go. Some people have some funny ideas of crit :LOL:

Really great pics!

I'm going to have to get my butt up to Scotland some day...!

Here is the crop for the 1st to see if the water is better without.

DSC_1351-Version2.jpg

The crop works better than I thought too! :LOL: I thought there wouldn't be enough 'breathing room' at the bottom of the house.

Looks well IMO. I think it's one of those where it's just going to be down to personal pref. I can see reason for either myself. And could probably argue the case for either if I needed to. :D

Back