West Wales Motorsport Fabrication Cilwendeg Rally

Name
Alan
Edit My Images
Yes
Had a fantastic night out on the Cilwendeg it was like being back in the 80's, well don to Teifi Vally Motoe Club.
5133099206_777975204d_b.jpg

5133101524_3b7b125f89_b.jpg

5132502193_1bce3913d5_b.jpg

5132505099_421e8e489b_b.jpg

Thanks for looking, c&c welcome
Alan

Hi Chris,
We had a lamp set up running off a gen on a banking to the left and behind on the ford shots, and on the h/pin shots it was placed on a fence well above the road in a the farm yard and a SB600.Also in the farm yard Ralio were there with a large bank of lights so it was all well lit,
Alan

Last edited:
Road rallying dont go down well here does it.:shrug:

Does for me (y) all cracking but no3 is my favourite.

Good to see the old beauties out and about, not a scooby in sight :) :D

Thanks both, thought they would be different from the norm stage rallying :D

Hi Alan, heard that this was a fantastic event - over 2,000 speccies there I was told! Unbelievable.

I have to admit I'm not a particularly big fan of night-time shots, but #2 & #3 I do like.

Rhod

Thanks Rhod (y)
It was a fantastic night back to the scenes of the 80's, start venue crammed with spectators, guest speakers and the atmosphere was electric, the best rally I have been on in years
Alan

Hi Al,
These take me back to the Motoring News days of Road Rallying ,which I quite enjoyed following through the paper.
Well done for making the effort with the lighting to get your results.

I used to help on local events ,and the attraction was to be out on some remote ,icy lane waiting for the cars,then hearing the hard worked engines,seeing the KC Daylighters illuminating the lanes,then finally a screech of brakes as the cars rushed up to a passage control to get the cards signed.
The brakes would be stinking,the engines very hot and lumpy on 45s,the crews tired and hot,before you bade them well as they roared off into the night .
My club was Bath Motor Club and it was quite popular then.

Anyway ,glad you enjoyed it ,and brought back some decent pics.

Regards,
Pons

Thanks Pons, it was the rally's 50th aniversary and a very memorable night.
Alan

Back