Western Australia Goldfields.

Edit My Images
No
It has been a long time since I have posted here. Over the last couple of years photography has had to take a bit of a back seat for me. Having had a recent trip into the Outback with my camera and getting some reasonable results my interest has been reignited. Here are a couple of my favourites from the trip. (I am posting in general because some of the pics fit into several categories).

519861842_Z9mj7-L.jpg

518973880_AGyj7-L.jpg

518982811_g5ry5-L.jpg

519001957_WhH5x-L.jpg

519002792_GDKrT-L.jpg

519002990_wu3XL-L.jpg

519001548_YDNQv-L.jpg

520879270_seVuh-L.jpg

519029944_yfgaj-L.jpg

I think the car need to be in focus in the first for it to work.

Have you tried doing a very subtle HDR on the third shot, I think it might work really well.

Love the piano one.

On another subject, where abouts in Perth do you live? I am NOR.

Yeah the first one is a little annoying. I got the point of focus off a little. It does work better with a closer crop taking out the out of focus window frame.

I have played about with number three a fair bit. At the time of shooting I took a few using a fill flash but they do not look natural enough for my liking. I have tried to get the most natural looking light whilst trying to maintain the detail of the truck. Also if lighten it up any more then I start to get noise in the darker spots. That said I was not to happy with the framing/crop so I have revisited it and used a touch more fill light................

521049452_GcgoT-L.jpg

I agree I really like the piano one. I have created a B&W one using a different aspect.......

519861876_fGGLJ-L.jpg

I am also NOR up near The Swan Valley.

I much prefer the second one of that old ute. But I still prefer the colour piano.

Ah ok I am in Nollamara. Lucky git living up in the Swan Valley, love it up there.

Okay when I say the Swan Valley I actually mean Ellenbrook, it sounds nicer.

Are there any decent Aussie photo forums that you know of?

Love them! Prefer the colour pic of the piano as it showed the decay in more detail.

I'm in Brisbane - definitely need to get to the Outback!

A lot of shots to comment on one by one but as a set, they all float my boat.

I agree with the comments about the corner of car frame being a tad annoying but I'd rather have the shot like that, than not at all. It might improve a bit if you burnt in that corner so that the frame stood out against the sky less but still lead into the frame.

What I really like is what feels to me like fab attention to the framing and the balance of the image in each frame. Each one has a great feel of completeness and in terms of light and composition blended.

The pictures are great & the subject matter fantastic, "allmost" makes me want to visit my sister in Leederville :naughty:

Okay when I say the Swan Valley I actually mean Ellenbrook, it sounds nicer.

Are there any decent Aussie photo forums that you know of?

Ah ok Ellenbrook is nice its just a bit isolated at the moment, guess it will get better when they build some more. I play golf at the Vines.

I only go on this photography forum.

Thanks for all of the feed back. I will play about with #1 a bit more I think.

It is funny how the Piano shot was one of the ones I thought about the least mainly because my kids were eager to find out which keys still worked so I had to grab a couple of shots while they were distracted.

Here a couple more of the Piano.........

519002160_2JCNx-L.jpg

519002239_xSbfd-L.jpg

The second one was just a quick grab of the whole piano.

Ah ok Ellenbrook is nice its just a bit isolated at the moment, guess it will get better when they build some more. I play golf at the Vines.

I only go on this photography forum.

Yeah it is. They seriously need to improve the roads out here Gnangara is long over due being made dual lanes! The Vines is nice, a little out of our price range at the moment.

Terrific set. There's a lovely quality of light which you have captured well.

Back