western digital passport 320gb

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all, Today I purchased a western digital passport drive 320GB to archive my photos and , as there is loads of room, back up my hard drive (c) so I used a programme called casper to achieve the backup however this programme has formatted the western digital drive to nfts and it now shows up as Drive H and has no option to eject as if it is a clone of drive C ... I would really like to restore it to its original format but fear this cannot be done ,
Can anyone give advice on restoring it please or will I have to return it to currys and tell them it's broke ?? I know it's my fault but its a hard drive so can surley be made better..help please.

Can you see the drive in Disk Management? If so, right click on it and Format.

Or, use the WD knowledgebase. Something like this this

Why do you want to re-format it, if it shows as H then it's being found as a drive ?

You can right click on the icon and should be able to select Format proceedure.

As far as the software that I seem to remember comes with WD drives, they may have a link on their web to download this. (y)

Thanks for the advice/answers chaps/chappeses They are very helpful, my main concern is that the drive is not now seen as a "removable drive" and so it can't be safely removed from the properties options if you see what I mean?
I have no problem with the nfts side of things in fact I think I prefer this as my hard drive is nfts and I think I can still drag and drop files I wish to safeguard into the drive with no problems but I am a little concerned when I unplug the drive without releasing it properly via eject, I hope you can understand what I am getting at and I know I sound dumb (I am!!!) , Thank you all for your patience.
I am now going to Walk Across the Isle Of Wight for charity (lord mountbatten hospice) along with 12,000 other poor souls....wish us good luck because the weather is truly atrocious out there and I am not looking forward to it one little bit!!!! Thanks again.

changing the drive to NTFS should have no bearing on whether the drive it removable or not.. its more likely to be a driver issue.

is it not appearing in the safely remove hardware icon in the system tray?

Back