Westminster Bridge and Big Ben Tonemapped.

Edit My Images
Yes
I am not too hot on Photomatix so thought I would give it a go and try to retain the normal feel of the scene with out making it too HDR.

I have been looking at too long now and can decide.

So thought I would put it up here for critique,

106349406.jpg

Was taken last night whilst other members were on the eye, borrowed Fabs tripod and had a play.

Cheers

Nigel

You did a lot better with the tripod than i did. I like it.

The tone mapping is really nicely done here. Often the effect is used overly strongly. You've made this look as it would in one's mind's eye. It would make a lovely print, done large.

The tone mapping is really nicely done here. Often the effect is used overly strongly. You've made this look as it would in one's mind's eye. It would make a lovely print, done large.

Many thanks mr pants

thats really nice mate, a very subtle HDR too.. which has got to be good eh! hehe..

Much sharper than i thought it looked on the camera too.. the only thing is the clock face has lost some detail and the colour is different to your origional picture..

Over all, a good effort..(y)

Btw, the over all colours look nice too..

thats really nice mate, a very subtle HDR too.. which has got to be good eh! hehe..

Much sharper than i thought it looked on the camera too.. the only thing is the clock face has lost some detail and the colour is different to your origional picture..

Over all, a good effort..(y)

Btw, the over all colours look nice too..

Thanks for that mate... The first one I did solely in Aperture and I think I cooked and cooled the colours down a little too much, I have had both on the screen and I can not decide between the two, I think the second one has the slight edge but I am still on the fence.

Another problem is I keep trying to remember in my minds eye the colours when I took the image, but I have slept since then and can remember......

Cheers

Nigel

I really like this one Nigel (y)(y)(y)

Yup, looks like a painting (and thankfully not like an HDR, if you know what I mean ;) ). Great job, and great restraint on the "Strength" slider :)

Back