Westminster Bridge, London

Wow, this is really cool. I love the "selective lighting" on the lamp and the pedestrian on the bridge. How did you get this effect...an exposure brush?...or is this some fangled photoshop trickery [emoji23]

Wow, this is really cool. I love the "selective lighting" on the lamp and the pedestrian on the bridge. How did you get this effect...an exposure brush?...or is this some fangled photoshop trickery [emoji23]
Thanks Princess, No, no trickery, it was taken at just after 07.30 two weeks ago on a rather dull morning, the street lights and the lighting on the terrace of the houses of parliament were still on. I just de- saturated and darkened the the picture in photoshop and highlighted the areas I wanted to stand out. Thanks pretty much it really,

Geoff

I think its very nice and moody. Slightly tongue in cheek, sell it to Getty Images, at least the Clock Tower is straight which is more than can be said for a lot of images of the HoC

Really like the mood. It does need some straightening though as the clock tower isn't straight. I might be tempted to take a wee slice off the left too but very well done on getting an original take on a very well photographed location.

As previously said, the atmosphere is superb. I would adjust the clock tower but a super shot

Yes nice and moody, very nice (y)

Geoff,
Steve L from UHH !
So nice to see this somber and powerful photo again, did not notice your avatar, so i was
pleasantly surprised at what popped up !!
Thank you

Geoff,
Steve L from UHH !
So nice to see this somber and powerful photo again, did not notice your avatar, so i was
pleasantly surprised at what popped up !!
Thank you

Thanks a lot Steve, its good to hear from you. The avatar is one I did use on the Hogg a while back.--Thanks again,

Geoff

Absolute belter of a pic, really like that. Literally everything about it. Great effort!

Thank one and all for your feedback, its always welcome and appreciated,

Geoff

Hello Geoff,
Hate to be the first critic, but it doesn't work for me.
I'm struggling to understand the reasoning behind the illumination of the pedestrian on the footpath?
The intensity of the light and how it falls on both the pedestrian and the foreground lamp looks really odd to me.
As with the other comments, id expand it further and say the houses of parliament look oddly shaped, lens distortion? I wonder if you had taken the photo from the other side of the bridge and brought the lamp a little more square on how this may have improved the image.

Kudos for posting though.

Regards
Geoff

Superb image!!!!!!!!!

Hello Geoff,
Hate to be the first critic, but it doesn't work for me.
I'm struggling to understand the reasoning behind the illumination of the pedestrian on the footpath?
The intensity of the light and how it falls on both the pedestrian and the foreground lamp looks really odd to me.
As with the other comments, id expand it further and say the houses of parliament look oddly shaped, lens distortion? I wonder if you had taken the photo from the other side of the bridge and brought the lamp a little more square on how this may have improved the image.

Kudos for posting though.

Regards
Geoff

Thanks Geoff, Its a picture all about the emotions I was experiencing at that moment, and its sad you didn't see what I was seeing in the scene, and maybe in that respect I have failed, but then we at are all different, and I personally would change a thing..

Thanks again for your feedback, it is always appreciated,

Geoff

Back