weston....(not particuarly exciting)

Edit My Images
Yes
Just out for a stroll yesterday in W-S-M Hacking it down with rain most of the time, but went to blow the cobwebs away really.

Not even any dramatic skies to speak of. Just rain and grey skies.....

DSC_0013.jpg

Not even any dramatic skies to speak of. Just rain and grey skies.....

Yet you still seem to take a good picture (y)

Now I hope you dont mind but Ive been practising B&W conversions.
Thought your shot would be a good candidate.
If I have done wrong please let me know and I will remove it.

Gandipic.jpg

Keep us informed if you intend on doing a Landscape day as your other thread, count me in thanks (y)

OK, I've made my own versions.

B&W:
1563853,DSC_0013_bw_02_jpg.jpg

Sepia:
1563854,DSC_0013_sepia_02_jp.jpg

I've made them a bit lighter than Byrhtnoth, since I think they're a bit too dark.

Btw., I think you should consider using a different sharpening method, the sharpening halos are quite pronounced.

I'd say the first B&W conversion is pretty moody, though there's a lot of banding and noise in the clouds.

Did you use an ND grad? That may have popped the clouds a little - but if it was chucking it down, I probably wouldn't have risked it! :)

oh, there's a splodge in the sky just above the left and middle masts....

Sorry about the late reply.......

I quite like the b&w conversions, sepia one mostly. I do however, think I'll stick with the colour version as I think it conveys the drab day better ;)

No ND grad, just took the camera and the 55mm micro as I couldn't be bothered with it all and it wasn't worth it, considering the weather.

Thought I'd nailed all the dust bunnies but that one is invisible on the OP fortunately.

Back