Weston Super Mare Beach

PoW

Edit My Images
No
Taken a couple of days ago. I like the depth and feel of the pic. It was windy and the clouds were moving very quickly, with the odd dash of rain lol.

westonsig.jpg

c&C welcome
thanks for looking, Barrie:)

Ok, I have a decent monitor which is calibrated (that's not a brag, but just to inform that my monitor is accurate). The image is overall too dark and there is nothing really in the foreground or sky to hold interest, which leaves you with the horizon line, which is too dark and takes up only a small slice of the frame/ Also you have two figures on the beach, which don't add much to the image.

Had this been taken with a nice sun rise/set, then you might have had a nice red sky and some nice reflections on the beach.

Ok, I have a decent monitor which is calibrated (that's not a brag, but just to inform that my monitor is accurate). The image is overall too dark and there is nothing really in the foreground or sky to hold interest, which leaves you with the horizon line, which is too dark and takes up only a small slice of the frame/ Also you have two figures on the beach, which don't add much to the image.

Had this been taken with a nice sun rise/set, then you might have had a nice red sky and some nice reflections on the beach.

Thanks for the input.
I never like to say "it was a quick shot". I was passing through and just set it up and got on my merry way again. I knew the horizontal line would be there but I was feeling the space you get outside on the beach and thought maybe that could be portrayed through the lens.

You say you have a calibrated monitor? What way have you calibrated it.
ps. its my first beach/pier shot, bear with me lol.:)

Thanks for the input.
I never like to say "it was a quick shot". I was passing through and just set it up and got on my merry way again. I knew the horizontal line would be there but I was feeling the space you get outside on the beach and thought maybe that could be portrayed through the lens.

You say you have a calibrated monitor? What way have you calibrated it.
ps. its my first beach/pier shot, bear with me lol.:)

I use a hardware calibrator (the Spyder 2Pro) which basically calibrates your monitor to your chossen colour profile e.g. sRGB or Adobe RGB 1998, I choose to use sRGB and also set my camera to use this colour space for consistancy, something you also need to set in photoshop also.

Back