B&W Wet - Cycling TT.

Name
Mike
Edit My Images
No
Challenging conditions for the the cyclists, and for my son and I, photographing this event (Holme Valley YCF Points Series V237)
Torrential rain, thunder & lightening. We actually really enjoyed the conditions, they were definitely different.
My son does the panning shots i go for the head on shots, his success rate is higher than mine, his 1DX helps :)
Thought i would convert these to mono for a change, mainly because the colour versions get posted to my sons website, www.mayocreative.photos where he controls the editing its a learning curve for us both, i think he is getting some decent stuff, I chip when I can, its also some quality dad and lad time.

Any comments welcome Thanks Mike.

Holme Valley YCF Points Series V237 by Mike Mayo, on Flickr

Like these Mike especially the last one with a tighter crop. Would of liked to see them in colour but as you have explained above then that's no biggy. Thanks for sharing.

Like these Mike especially the last one with a tighter crop. Would of liked to see them in colour but as you have explained above then that's no biggy. Thanks for sharing.

I agree about the crop, TT is all about battling yourself and the facial expressions normally tell the story - so I like to see these cropped enough to see the facial expressions whilst also capturing some of the rest of the scenery etc. Challenging I know and the last one does a very good job.

A

These do look great. The rain really adds something to the shots (apart from water) !

Gaz

Nice work Mike. Love the bit of spray/rain you've captured with the riders. The conversion has too much of a blue cast for my liking though but that's just personal preference.

Images look well nicely caught

I agree about the crop, TT is all about battling yourself and the facial expressions normally tell the story - so I like to see these cropped enough to see the facial expressions whilst also capturing some of the rest of the scenery etc. Challenging I know and the last one does a very good job.

A

These do look great. The rain really adds something to the shots (apart from water) !

Gaz

Thanks for all the feedback, I had a look at the 1st one in the set and thought i might be able to get a decent crop from it, so i had go and kept it in colour this time. I will have a go at getting some close ups next time we are out as you have suggested. Cheers all Mike!

Feel the Pain! by Mike Mayo, on Flickr

Back