NSFW We've hit rock bottom !

Name
Kev
Edit My Images
Yes
Came home from work to find these lurking in the fridge.
Apparently my Wife said we could afford real meat if i didn't keep blowing the food budget on Camera gear.

Looking at these tonight and i have to agree :whistle: Can't wait to try them........................NOT :crying:

Where's the :spam::spam::spam:

Nice, low in fat, high in protein. A neighbour to my parents used to breed ostriches for eggs and meat in the middle of wales.

I'd try them... Might not like them but who knows?

I once tried shark. NOT impressed, but at least I know not to have it again :)

I've not tried Ostrich burgers, but I've had Ostrich steak a couple of times and I would have it again given the chance - lovely!

Chris

Came home from work to find these lurking in the fridge.
Apparently my Wife said we could afford real meat if i didn't keep blowing the food budget on Camera gear.

Looking at these tonight and i have to agree :whistle: Can't wait to try them........................NOT :crying:

Where's the :spam::spam::spam:

Ye Cannae bury yir heid in the sand, ye've got tae try them

Can Mods ban themselves? I think this could be an appropriate moment ;)
Actually I did try it once, totally by accident, trying to ban a persistent spammer I hit the wrong button, the answer is no BTW :D

Having taken all the replys into consideration i'm still not convinced, This might be a good time to turn veggi for a week or just pull on a pair of big boy pants and :whistle:

I appreciated no one suggested cutting back on the Camera spending :banana:

I have eaten locusts and crickets and loved them but not so sure about ostrich.....

Actually I did try it once, totally by accident, trying to ban a persistent spammer I hit the wrong button, the answer is no BTW :D

I did it on a forum where I was an admin - deleted my account on purpose.

Eating them is like putting your head in the sand.

you want to eat them while thers still time - given the chance IS will take all the ostriches (sorry :coat: )

I like kangaroo - tescos used to sell it before they caved to public pressure (which is stupid, the damn things are being killed in Oz as a pest, we may as well eat them)

Crocodile. Now there's a disppointing meat.
White as fish, and with absolutely no taste. Might as well be eating Quorn :LOL:
I suppose they'd be spiced up a bit as a burger, but as a steak...bland and expensive!

Can't beat a nice pair of Panda testicles grilled over a firebed inside a tiger's skull...

It gets worse..........Way worse i think it's now a conspiracy to convert us from good ol British meat :)
After the last joke I promise not to do the hop to it and make me a Kangaroo sandwich or even
I'll have a crocodile sandwich and make it snappy.

I bet you are really pleased about that aren't you?

Aldi used to sell Wookie burgers. They tasted nice but they were just too Chewy...

wheras lidl are focusing on the horsemeat market - their brand will be 'my lidl pony'

Nice, low in fat, high in protein.
Absolutely. And tastier than, say, chicken. I can't imagine why someone wouldn't even want to try it.

Ostrich meat is lovely, in particular the ostrich steaks. I've never tried ostrich burgers, but you can get some pretty vile beef burgers too.

Crocodile tail is also very nice :)

Last edited:
Kangaroo is lovely. My local favourite haunt does the black rock grill where you fry your own meats on a super hot rock. They do all sorts like kangaroo, ostrich, venison etc.. Tis super tasty.

Crocodile. Now there's a disppointing meat.
White as fish, and with absolutely no taste. Might as well be eating Quorn :LOL:
I suppose they'd be spiced up a bit as a burger, but as a steak...bland and expensive!

Did it have any bite to it once cooked.....

"Waiter, bring me a crocodile sandwich ...... and make it snappy!"

While we're on the subject of exotic foods, don't forget that Sausages are a delicious alternative to vegetarian sausages.

What was Vera Lynn's least favourite food?

Guessing it was dolphin since she was known to complain...
"Whale meat again?"

Back