Wex used item description

Name
thomas
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,

Who has used wex for used lens before?
I know some seller description are good some not so good.

The lens I'm looking at is 9/10
Lens shows very light use, the lens exhibits very few marks including light wear to the lens hood mount and very light signs of use to the lens barrel and lens mount. There is dust throughout the optics, this will not affect images in any way.

Hi all,

Who has used wex for used lens before?
I know some seller description are good some not so good.

The lens I'm looking at is 9/10
Lens shows very light use, the lens exhibits very few marks including light wear to the lens hood mount and very light signs of use to the lens barrel and lens mount. There is dust throughout the optics, this will not affect images in any way.

It's a generic description to cover themselves, very often you buy a lens with this rating and it'll have no dust or marks. I bought one from camera jungle recently that was in 'well used' condition but chanced on it because it was really cheap - turned out to be in pretty good nick by my standards.

Last edited:
Wex are very very thorough with their testing. I'd happily buy their 9/10 if the price is good.

I buy from WEX but only new so far. I did sell them a lens last year which was in excellent condition but they did give me their top price. This was at the NEC and the WEX guy reckoned he would re-sell my lens within ten minutes. In comparison, a colleague offered them an old lens which they refused to take at any price and I am sure they were right. For that reason, I would be inclined to trust them.

Dave

I've lost count how many times I've bought and traded in with Wex and never had anything but excellent service. You will find a 9/10 from Wex will appear more or less brand new.

The descriptions for their lenses tend to be excellent as they know what they're looking for.
The descriptions for some of their other equipment which they don't know as well have occasionally been... not so accurate.

Even so, whenever Wex have made a mistake they've resolved it quickly and simply at their expense, I'd say they're pretty excellent all things considered.

I’ve purchased a 2nd hand camera and 2 lenses 2nd hand. No problems with anything.

I recently bought two used lenses from them. Can’t tell them from new.

Weird.
I can relate to the OP, I look at their descriptions and think the item must be in a really poor state for the price they are asking ... glad I appear to have been mistaken. :)

hi I have bought a sigma 500 4.5 rated at 9 and it was better than I expected and I have bought from them before and returns if you are not happy are easy at or at least in my experience it was

I once purchased a Canon 16-35f4 (new) from them. It was delivered and then a couple of days later I received two more!
They were quite surprised when I rang them to advise them of the second delivery.

I have bought a couple of 9 graded lens. I couldn’t fault either lens both looked very good.

Ditto the above, had 3 x 2nd-hand lenses from them, all as good as new, very pleased with their service.

Back