Weymouth harbour.

Name
paul
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi, on hols at Weymouth and after a nice day turned my attention to having a crack at night photography which I confess never really had a go at. The waterfront was pretty. Any pointers as I'm going to try to shoot the harbour for a canvas as a present for a friend who used to live there. My settings was f9 30 secs and ISO 100
image by woody174, on Flickr

Wow, a stunning photo,

Reckon its worth a bob or two I reckon.

Great shot.

Mj

Last edited:
Thanks Mark, very kind. Went down today to suss better positions and found a local photography who had a gallery which mine was very similar so must be doing something right! The boats at the far left are a yachting club with bags of potential

That is a very nice shot and I'm sure your friend will be thrilled.

Just my personal preference and I hope you don't think I'm being picky, but I would crop the diesel fuel station on the right out of the shot.

Weymouth is a very pretty place, I'm sure you will be able to get some more crackers like this.

That is a very nice shot and I'm sure your friend will be thrilled.

Just my personal preference and I hope you don't think I'm being picky, but I would crop the diesel fuel station on the right out of the shot.

Weymouth is a very pretty place, I'm sure you will be able to get some more crackers like this.

I agree with this, I'd crop to just right of the small white house

Thanks for the advice cropped and it has been vastly improved. Will post when I can laptop access

With or without the suggested crop I am sure that your friend will like this image, it is very effective and very pleasing :)

Thanks for the help guys. Will try again moving further up and will try both blue hour and later. It's going to go my wife's friend for her sixty birthday. She wanted to buy and get something unique that nobody else could copy. Job done if I can nail it.

Back