What 27” monitor for photo editing.

Name
Martin
Edit My Images
No
My son is looking for a new monitor and he has asked me for advice.

It seems he is considering a QHD/UHD single IPS with 2560 by 1440 resolution and a three year warranty.

This is beyond my expertise. Anyone got any recommendations?

Thanks I will pass that on.

Dell is the only monitor that gets a mention. Anyone got positive or negative experience of other brands?

Dell ultra sharps are lovely screens I have the 27" model and i'm very happy with it. The 30" ultra wides do look very tempting.

Thanks I will pass that on.

Dell is the only monitor that gets a mention. Anyone got positive or negative experience of other brands?

NEC, EIZO, top of the line Benq or HP Dreamcolor probably are better choices to be honest. More expensive too. You also have alternatives from LG, which are decent, Viewsonic and the rest. The devil is in the details. You need the resolution, IPS type panel, minimum 99% sRGB colour space (for an average user - many of us can make use of much broader aRGB) and positive reviews in general. Glossy is likely a very undesirable attribute on the other hand.
4K should be now considered strongly as its the next (actually current) mainstream standard.

Thanks for your input guys. I have passed the info on to him. I think budget will have a strong bearing on his decision.

From my research in this price range BenQ get mixed reviews and LG have been panned for poor after sales service and only a one year warranty.

It seems Dell have a very good three warranty and he can just squeeze some of their Ultrasound monitors in his budget.

He has not yet made his decision. I will update the thread when he has.

Back