What a con!!

Edit My Images
Yes
Just got my house insurance renewal quote through from Direct Line....same old blurb "you do not have to do anything etc etc"

As per the advice I usually do not do anything. However, this year I thought I will as it seemed a bit more expensive.

So I did a comparison check on THEIR website. Got the SAME policy with higher contents insurance for less than half price!

I phoned them up and enquired only to be told to cancel my existing policy and take out a new policy online again.

Crazy! :wacky:

Loyalty costs you, the OFT should do something about this.
Before you renew you may wish to check other insurers for a better deal and also see if either topcashback.co.uk or quidco.com list your chosen insurer for even more savings.

It's because they know most people are lazy and won't bother checking, when my dad was 70 I just happened to be in the house when his car insurance renewal came through the door, he'd been with the same company for 25 years without a claim, the premium on his 15 year old volvo was £420.

I got on the internet and found him a quote with protected NCB for £220

Check out the Post Office, they will give you £50 cash back if you take out house and contents insurance with them. My quote was £195 less the 50 comes to £145.

Been like this for a long-time now, it's essential if you want the best price to shop around - applies to pretty much everything, loans/savings accounts/insurance etc etc.

Just on Direct Line for a second though I am insured with them now, cheapest quote last year & having made 2 quotes for storm damage to my roof this year they were excellent - paid quickly without any problems, this can't be said for all insurance companies !!

simon

Back