What a difference a day makes (Being bowled!!)

Name
Matt
Edit My Images
Yes
Firstly, a little explanation for people who normally associate being bowled with the sport of Cricket. As a railway photographer, there are many ways of being bowled. Having a train in front on the adjacent tracks block your intended train, having a train behind your intended train show up and slightly ruin the shot. Having the loco and/or wagons you expect removed along the way, so you end up photographing a different train. If there are problems, sometimes a train will be diverted away from where you are waiting. A train can be heavily delayed and turn up when the sun has 'gone around' too much, or finally, and especially on a fully sunny day, a small cloud or jet trail can come along and ruin the shot.

This thread is dedicated to the very last way of 'being bowled', which was especially annoying as the locomotive is one of only two 'sponsorhip' liveried locos owned by Freightliner. Needless to say, I was fuming, plus there was a little 'back bowl' from a unit behind the train too. So, when I heard the train would be running again the next day, and the special loco would still be on it, I thought I'd head out and try to right the wrong.

What a difference a day makes!
img0917hu.jpg

img0991rf.jpg

#2 lovely shot that, just shown it to a mate who works on network rail down in manchester and he loves that shot! good work!

Love the 2nd shot... (y)

however, maybe something to consider... the detail in the clouds etc is in pic 1 but not in 2 (as it was clearly better weather).

With a bit of post processing I reckon you would get pic 1 to look not a lot different from pics 2, with the added bonus of the sky detail.

The only other thing may be to remove that 2nd train in Pic 1.

Just a thought. :)

Back