What a way to start my week....

Edit My Images
Yes
Woke up this morning to find someone had decided to smash in my passenger window in my car. Definitely not a good start to this week.

20 years of living in one of the worst areas in Bristol and only 2 incidents, then move up to Leeds two months ago and it's already costing me a lot more to fix things some little scrote has done. Nothing stolen that I can see, just no more passenger window.....

:eek:

I feel your pain, I've had that done twice and the stereo was nicked on both occasions :shake:

ouch, thats not a good start to the week. :( At least things can only improve :shrug:

Just out of interest, what are the white wires visible in the photo?
If I see wires in the area around the stereo I'd assume you have some form of ipod setup (especially if white), therefore they may have seen these and worked on the assumption that the ipod was inside the car.

I have a similar setup in mine, but went to lengths to ensure all cables were hidden behind the stereo and centre console, the connector is concealed in the ashtray and the mp3 player (not ipod in my case) connects to that and sits neatly into a mobile phone holder. Unless you knew it was there you'd never guess.

:shake: and they will never be caught..

From what I've heard mine's not the only car that's been done - at least 2 more have had their windows smashed in somewhere around here :confused:

Ya know, if they'd stolen something I'd find it a bit easier to accept - as it is it was just mindless vandalism....

ouch, thats not a good start to the week. :( At least things can only improve :shrug:

If I see wires in the area around the stereo I'd assume you have some form of ipod setup (especially if white), therefore they may have seen these and worked on the assumption that the ipod was inside the car.

I have a similar setup in mine, but went to lengths to ensure all cables were hidden behind the stereo and centre console, the connector is concealed in the ashtray and the mp3 player (not ipod in my case) connects to that and sits neatly into a mobile phone holder. Unless you knew it was there you'd never guess.

We do now....:D

I have a similar setup in mine, but went to lengths to ensure all cables were hidden, the connector is concealed in the ashtray and the mp3 player (not ipod in my case) connects to that and sits neatly into a mobile phone holder. Unless you knew it was there you'd never guess.

Close enough - it's a line in feed and the power cable for my TomTom. If nothing else, I guess I could use the cracked glass for trying my hand at a bit of macro work and getting photos of patterns and stuff....

They've not even tried to get into the car - just smashed the window. And I found out a few mins ago from the dustbin men that at least two other cars have had the same thing done to them in the area.

simple no good vandalism then!

As has been mentioned above, they'll not get caught and even if they did proving it was them would be tough, especially given the slap on the wrist they'd get. I'd still report it though, you never know.

It was reported as soon as I found out it had happened - even spoke to the insurance company (knowing that would be fruitless). I'm not really expecting anything to be done about it, although I guess we might get a visit from the local community bobby.

I'm just ****ed off more than anything at the moment, and I'm worried that when my anger about it all finally evapourates my anxiety is going to kick in and cause me massive problems - it was hard enough moving out of Bristol as it was and now this really isn't helping at all :(

you can get this repaired by your insurance company for 50-00
it is covered with windscreen cover and all glass and will not affect your ncd
looks like they have just looked in the glove box to see if you had left any nice electrical goodies in there
they way these idiots operate it doesnt cost them anything to smash a window and have a look inside

It was reported as soon as I found out it had happened - even spoke to the insurance company (knowing that would be fruitless). I'm not really expecting anything to be done about it, although I guess we might get a visit from the local community bobby.

I'm just ****ed off more than anything at the moment, and I'm worried that when my anger about it all finally evapourates my anxiety is going to kick in and cause me massive problems - it was hard enough moving out of Bristol as it was and now this really isn't helping at all :(

Just curious, what were you expecting from the insurance company?

Edit: beaten to it by Terry.

you can get this repaired by your insurance company for 50-00
it is covered with windscreen cover and all glass and will not affect your ncd
looks like they have just looked in the glove box to see if you had left any nice electrical goodies in there
they way these idiots operate it doesnt cost them anything to smash a window and have a look inside

... Except I've only got third party insurance - I wasn't sure if the windows were covered for vandalism, so phoned up this morning to find out. And it's not, so that's me out of pocket for a new window. Out of curiousity, I just tried reaching through the window to get into the glove box and it was just about possible for me to do so, and there's more glass come out of the window now than there was first thing this morning - and everything that was in the glove box (CD Player, TomTom, another MP3 player and a crappy point-and-click camera) were all still there, so it doesn't look like they've even tried. To be honest, I think if it wasn't for the fact that more glass came out of the window when I closed my driver's door this morning (retrieving carpark pass for my housemate), any one trying to reach the glovebox through the hole would either have to have very long arms or would've found their arm shredded. This looks like vandalism, no attempt at theft at all....

Sucks :(. An absolute wotsit to clean up as well.

20 years of living in one of the worst areas in Bristol

So, Southmead? (sorry, "Westbury-on-Trym" in estate agent speak). Knowle West? St Pauls?

Doesn't matter where you live, unfortunately. I live in a "nice" part of Portishead, I had all the side and rear windows on my Quattro smashed and a huge boulder dropped on the windscreen, which being laminate only crazed and dented. Ended up scrapping the car :(

Sucks :(. An absolute wotsit to clean up as well.

So, Southmead? (sorry, "Westbury-on-Trym" in estate agent speak). Knowle West? St Pauls?

Doesn't matter where you live, unfortunately. I live in a "nice" part of Portishead, I had all the side and rear windows on my Quattro smashed and a huge boulder dropped on the windscreen, which being laminate only crazed and dented. Ended up scrapping the car :(

Right first time - I'm an ex-Meader (except my postal address was Westbury-On-Trym)

Right first time - I'm an ex-Meader (except my postal address was Westbury-On-Trym)

I'm moving home at the moment (bored with the commute to/from Portishead, the bridge is a nightmare) and since I work in Westbury-on-Trym I looked at quite a few houses around here. An awful lot of the Westbury-on-Trym ones were actually in Southmead, hence my estate agent comment.

I'm moving home at the moment (bored with the commute to/from Portishead, the bridge is a nightmare) and since I work in Westbury-on-Trym I looked at quite a few houses around here. An awful lot of the Westbury-on-Trym ones were actually in Southmead, hence my estate agent comment.

To be honest, so long as you avoid the Southmead estate itself, it's not that bad, although the nightly combinations of fire/police/ambulances racing down Southmead Road was not much fun - personally, I'd recommend Henleaze as being close to Westbury and not too bad - unless you want to pay the large prices for Westbury itself!

Back