what a weekend to come

Edit My Images
Yes
after the torment of last year failing my 4th yr of medicine by one exam and having to resit the whole year again (cos them's the rules) with all my mates passing and celebrating.

I JUST PASSED !!!! :nuts::nuts::nuts::D:D:D

they dont tell us marks yet, but i'm not bothered. all i know is i'm one step closer to being a doc!

and to boot a photographer mate lent me this from his work...
DSC00107.jpg

300mm f2.8. bit battered but sharp as anything and nice to have f2.8 so i'm off to watch some cricket with it tomorrow :D

Congratulations Noah for having the determination and character to knuckle down and get those exams passed. :clap:

Enjoy the lens - I look forward to seeing some results. :)

Congratulations - the exams ok aswell;)

Seriously though, well done with the exam, I can recall it was a cause of some anxiety (y)

That kit looks pretty good aswell, even though its Nikon that lens still looks pretty impressive;)

Good work Noah!

And have fun with that Lens! :D

Congrats on the exam result. 4th year sounds like more to come - how many more years until full time study is behind you?

Cricket? Village green stuff or can you get in to a ground with a long lens?

thanks for the kind words :)

cricket is welsh cup i think. he plays for usk and i get to be official phtographer for the day as he's captain :D so i should have good access whatever the ground is like. will be hard to aviod the harsh 1:30pm light tho i think.

Congratulations, Noah! That's great news! (y)

noah said:
cricket is welsh cup i think. he plays for usk and i get to be official phtographer for the day as he's captain :D so i should have good access whatever the ground is like. will be hard to aviod the harsh 1:30pm light tho i think.

Aren't you forgetting about the even light provided by the British summer's wondeful cloud cover?

Fantastic news :woot: congratulations :clap:

Hope you enjoy a great weekend with lots of celebrating thrown in there for good measure :D

Well done Doc!

well done Doc, now I've got this nasty itch, any idea what it could be :D

A fantastic acheavment noah. Very well done sir..:clap:

Another year closer ... congratulations Noah ! :clap: (y)

Enjoy the lens while you got it ... you'll definitely wanna keep it ...

... especially with a Nikon attached ! ;)

Congrats Noah.... all the work was worth it in the end. Well done! (y)

well done that man. bet there'll be a few bevvies sunk tonight!

Remember to take some sun-cream tommoz. It's gonna be a scorcher!

thanks again to all :D

Gandhi said:
well done that man. bet there'll be a few bevvies sunk tonight!

Remember to take some sun-cream tommoz. It's gonna be a scorcher!
ouch:puke: :beer: a few were indeed sunk last night. bag packed, suncream in there, even a bit of zinc so i look like a cricketer!

Ally said:
Well done noah, my cousin is a qualifyed doc long time to get there but well worth it

P.S I'm hoping to shoot some cricket this summer, is 300 long enough and is f5.6 to slow?
i'm sure it will in the end, one more year to go :)
not sure abot 300mm being long enough but i'll let you know tonight. f5.6 should be fine if the light is good, but i'm guessing it may be a problem if there's poor light and you want to freeze the ball.

Keltic Ice Man said:
Is it the England match you'll be watching?
nope, just welsh league. usk vs newport. we're backing usk who are the current league and cup champs but newport are a very good batting side with one of the england boys playing for them apparently! should be a good game.

Sorry Noah, missed this completely :(

Id also like to add my congratulations to the thread (y)

Now I have this spot on my back.......:LOL: (I bet you're gonna get alot of that now).

lol, oi enough of the ailments already!! i've got a nicely swollen leg after something nasty that hides in the grass appears to have bitten me. going down now tho :)

just popping up a new thread of cricket pics in the photo sharing section for those interested.

noah said:
going down now tho :)

I do hope you mean the spot, and not you....

/cups ear and waits for a distant *thud*

Back