What are the chances that you'll die in the next 5 years?

Ricardodaforce

Self requested ban
Suspended / Banned
Edit My Images
No
I know I know, very morbid! However I just saw something on the news about the UbblE longevity explorer. Apparently based on real science, this online tool will estimate your risk of dying from natural causes within the next 5 years.

http://www.ubble.co.uk/risk-calculator/

Useless, you have to be under 70

Got 1/2 way through and the page crashed. Maybe I'm dead!

3.3%.... I agree - time for more GAS attacks which we weren't asked about!

Mine is 73, But I don't pay much attention to these online quack programs. A doctor once told me I would dead within 15 years cos I smoked...34 years later and I'm still here.

In my early 30s so I had to put 40 but otherwise answered all the questions honestly. Risk of dying is 0.7%. Pity it's not 0% but as Tyler says, on a long enough time line the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.

Mine is 3.1%.
I have access to one car, but if I say I have access to two cars my chances becomes 2.7%. If I say I don't have a car, it becomes 4.1%

Dave

0.3%

So I want to know what Cars in the family has to do with anything.............IP google and gathering Data.......

I think the question should be, 'What are the chances you will die before each of the pages has loaded'? :meh: :indifferent:

I am 80 so I am probably dead already.

Sorry to disappoint you all but it seems 2.6% :p

I returned 1.8% but then again I do lead the lifestyle of a monk.

Since I was given 3-6 months about 3 years ago, I'm not that bothered! Just eternally grateful to Mr H and his team down at Derriford for their efforts and expertise. However fit we may be (or think we are!), any one of us could drop dead tomorrow or be knocked over by a bus (or pavement psycolist.) Live each day lie it's your last - one day it will be!!!

2%.
I'm beginning to think I should have started some sort of pension plan as my lifestyle is clearly not bad enough to rule out the possibility that I'll need one.

Just like in school, I should have tried harder..

0.8% and Ubble age of 38. Not bad for a 52yr old. ;)

I'm sure everyone is very pleased to learn that I've never lied about my age much. I'm 26 and have a 0.4% chance, answered honestly and with a smoking habit in the past.

Ps. I'm glad they didn't ask about my drink, drugs and sex addictions.

rolling-on-the-floor-laughing-smiley-emoticon.gif

1.6% for me but they didn't include any questions about my drinking, base jumping or bear wrestling. Guess they're all low risk activities.

0.3% or equivalent to a 20 year old. Had to lie and say I'm 40 of course. I think the how many cars question is an indicator of how well off you are.

eek, 27% risk of dying !
Says I'm 78 yr old but only 62 !!!

0.9% - equivalent 5 year life expectancy to a 40 year old, which isn't bad considering I'm 53.

I'm 40, but my "ubble age" is 29. My risk of dying over the next 5 years is 0.2% . It's obviously not serious, as it's not thorough enough. I work shifts, as well as a lot of nights, which is very detrimental to general health and well-being. In fact, working nights increases the risk of cancer and cardio-vascular diseases quite significantly. Also, it didn't ask about family history. My paternal history is littered with cancer, and my Mum, her sister and my brother have diabetes.

What's this how many cars thing?
It didn't ask me that <shrug>

Anyway, I'm 38 and have a 0.5% of dying in the next 5 years . . . so looks like you're stuck with me for a while yet :LOL:

Also, it didn't ask about family history. My paternal history is littered with cancer, and my Mum, her sister and my brother have diabetes.

I was puzzled by the lack of family history too :thinking:
I'd always thought that was a fairly good indicator of your own life expectancy.

2.9% and 54 (I'm 52 in a month, so close enough!) Not sure if I should have included the motorbikes as well as the cars. Think of a number, halve it and add 0.3% is probably as accurate as their guess!

I think the how many cars question is an indicator of how well off you are.
Not really, we have two cars, ones mine, the other belongs to my oldest son, when my youngest son passes his test, he'll buy one and we'll have 3, doesn't make us anymore well off.

Can you really not see the logic or are you just arguing for the sake of it? :naughty:

Can you really not see the logic or are you just arguing for the sake of it? :naughty:
There is no logic. If both cars were mine then yes, it would have a bearing on how well off we are, but as only one is mine it has no bearing at all.

There is no logic. If both cars were mine then yes, it would have a bearing on how well off we are, but as only one is mine it has no bearing at all.
It is not just about you but it gives an indication of the family environment you are in. The studies they have performed have scientifically demonstrated a pattern.

However I agree, they should have questioned whether it is a ford or another car :) :p

It is not just about you but it gives an indication of the family environment you are in. The studies they have performed have scientifically demonstrated a pattern.

However I agree, they should have questioned whether it is a ford or another car :) :p
Of course they're Fords. :):p But even value of the cars would have no indication of wealth. No telling if the cars are on finance or not.

Of course they're Fords. :):p But even value of the cars would have no indication of wealth. No telling if the cars are on finance or not.
And that still doesn't matter, even on finance you need to be credit worthy but that isn't the point.

Back