What are these?

Name
Susane
Edit My Images
Yes
I was fixing a broken brick border in my garden yesterday and on lifting the loose bricks I found some of these creatures, ran in to get my camera but they'd scarpered.
I left the camera next to me and carried on working then found some more!
Quick shots cos they can move quick!
I saw dozens of them but only a couple of shots came out recognizable.
What are they?

What-1.jpg

What2.jpg

They look p****d to me.

Mike.

Newts, I think they are either palmate or smooth newts, palmate have a thin extension to the tail so I would guess at smooth newts.

You should keep it as a pet and call it TINY

The when people ask you why it's called TINY you can say:
"Because it's My Newt!!"

(I'll get my coat)

:LOL: good one!

Just looked up newts and salamanders on the BBC site, they are a protected species in Britain and on the decline.
Guess they didn't check my garden!

Newts, I think they are either palmate or smooth newts, palmate have a thin extension to the tail so I would guess at smooth newts.

I would have said they were Palmate's based on the dark lines along the spine. We have some in our garden...usually around the ponds in summer and hiding under rocks in the winter.

Bob

I have newts in my pond with a crest along their backs.Do newts spend all day out of the water?
They is another newt in this country called the great crested newt which is a protected species. you can google for it to see if that is what you've got too. Newts go to water to breed but don't spend all year there.

Back