What are you currently listening to?

Edit My Images
Yes
Well, I love music. Favourite artists include Elvis, Neil Diamond, The Beach Boys, Manics, AC/DC with Bon Scott and Mr. J Cash.

Was into him before the recent converts and his storytelling is second to none in my world. Listening to his new album 'A hundred highways' and allegedly his final work which breaks my heart. Oddly enough, not as downbeat nor melancholic as previous Rubin work in my opinion but sad never the less and again songs about love lost, crimes commited and life. Brilliant and has moved me. I recommend it.

My other recent listen is by a little known band called 'Hope of the states' The first album they released in 2004 called 'the lost riots' is actually my all time favourite record, chock full of wonderful melody, sadness and wonderful lyrics. The folllow up album 'Left' came out last week and is again utter genius and has not left my turn table until yesterdays Cash must buy was released.

Waiting for payday to buy Muse new album, should be good.:)

What are you currently digging?

I listen to mainly rock/metal music (not everyone's cup of tea, I know). In the car at the minute, I'm listening to a compilation I put together on cd as I get fed up of listening to the same cd over & over. At home, i don't to listen to my cd's so much these days, but I do have either Scuzz or Kerrang on tv to entertain me.
The last cd I bought was 'everyman for himself' which is the latest offering from Hoobastank. Quite different to their last cd, but still good, and also 'Stadium Arcadium' by the Chili's. I've also been listening to Placebo quite a bit lately :)

Lifehouse
Initial D soundtrack

all sorts :)

presently:
in the car - west coast US ska punk compilation and some jurassic 5
at home - keith jarret, public enemy, spanish hip hop
on the walkman - pennywise, ac/dc, aim

i listen to anything the last cd's ive bought are....

yeah yeah yeahs
Hendrix
Ben Lee - Awake is the new sleep (utterly amazing album)
The postal Service
Elliott Smith
They Might Be Giants
Dave Matthews

im as at home listening to heavy metal as i am with indie, certain hip hop and rap and as far as country and some classical and dance

draw the line at **** RnB and pop though

Sigur Ros
Stevie Wonder
Chemical Brothers
Jonny Cash
Gnarls Barkley

AC/DC
Deacon Blue
Robert Palmer
Beautiful South

Pink Floyd
Genesis
Beautiful South
The Who
Queen

Queen
Metallica
Motorhead
ZZ Top
BlocParty
Prodigy
Gorillaz
10cc
ELO
Goldie Lookin Chain
& Meatloaf

At this precise moment my mp3's are on 'pub jukebox' mode via my desktop, lurching between Eurythmics, Primal Scream and now Count Alert with Lynn tait and the baba brooks band. Which is on a rather nice trojan calypso compilation. Proper summer music!

As for general listening......

Mostly Reggae at the moment, everything from mod & ska to calypso, heavy dub, and old stuff like burning spear and toots & the maytals. I do still listen to a lot of techno and dance music.

Generaly I don't stick to one thing, depends on the mood!

ooh my god ive got a bit of everything really...

in the car: Dave Gilmour, Pink Floyd, Dido, James Blunt

mp3....bit of everything including alanis morisette

Hmmm interesting thread,lol

At the moment....

First and foremost, Shania Twain!
Johnny Cash
Martina Mcbride
Faith Hill
Chilliwack
Lynard Skynard
James blunt
Green day
The killers
Shaggy
Pink
Staind
and Nelly Furtado........just to mention a few,lol :D

OH, and anything from the 80's :LOL:

Jewel

hmm...

Blur
Shania Twain
Beautiful South
Peter Skellern
Soundtrack to 'Oh Brother Where Art Thou?' (my brother recommended this one to us and we both love to sing along to this one although I have to say that Barry is the better yodeler!! 'we're in the jailhouse now....')
Rod Stewart (all the American Songbooks)
Really getting into Johnny Cash but need to get a CD of his stuff
love Dolly Parton's songs for some reason

I love my music really loud when I am alone in the car and I sing really loudly too!!

really love Metal but Indie, Thrash, Folk, Punk, Pop, you name it... - (having worked with loads of different bands in my time - even down to Acid house)

but believe it or not at the mo in the car - Pet Shop Boys - new album - Fundamental. - Great Album,

Also like the Chillis new one, and a bit of David Gilmour (on an island)

Coldplay
Kelly Clarkson
Red Hot Chilli Peppers
Pussycat Dolls
Maria Callas
Black Eyed Peas
Sandi Thom
James Blunt

Marianne said:
Really getting into Johnny Cash but need to get a CD of his stuff

get the legend of johnny cash, its got all the "hits" on it plus some other stuff, like a cover of u2's "One" and even better is his version of "hurt" by trent resnor (NIN)

Marianne said:
hmm...

I love my music really loud when I am alone in the car and I sing really loudly too!!

I listen to Marianne ..... (not always alone)! :LOL:

...my wife snoring...

/looks round gingerly, just incase

Currently Clubber's Guide and Classic Euphoria. I go through phases. With it being summer I'm in a "windows down, volume up" phase.

My recent audio delights include Blackeyed Peas, Green Day, Prodigy, Snow Patrol, Keane, Marilyn Manson, Pink Floyd, RATM, Smashing Pumpkins, The Who, Chili Peppers (damned if I'm paying £90 to see them though), plus loads more.

I likes me music. :D

I just :love: Smashing pumkins... in a moment of madness, i bought their entire cd library, cost a small fortune but well worth it!

I listen to party shuffle on itunes and it chooses tracks from 3929 in my library so can listen to all sorts! Skip the Doc Cox ones and the Macc Lads though ;)

Carl.

minimeeze said:
I just :love: Smashing pumkins... in a moment of madness, i bought their entire cd library, cost a small fortune but well worth it!
Well, Adore is a bit crap but the rest is great.

i bet your all pains in the **ses to live next to, what with that bloody bump, bump bump music blaring out.
Just bought the new Keane album, its growing on me..

In the car CD autochanger I have compilations of :-
AC/DC
Pink Floyd
The Who
Nickleback
Linkin Park
Lenny Kravitz
Queen
UFO
Nirvana
In my CD and Record Collection I also have
ELO
Eagles
Genesis
Marillion
MeatLoaf
Steve Hackett
Peter Gabriel
Billy Idol
Van Halen
INXS
Bruce Springsteen
Aerosmith
ZZ Top
Rainbow
Rush
Bryan Adams and lots more.

Boon said:
Just bought the new Keane album, its growing on me..

I'd take it back if I were you, it seems you bought a plant instead of a CD :D

I'm listening to 15 gigs worth of 80's music :D Current track is

Sister Sledge - Frankie
And will be followed by :

Nik Kershaw - Wouldn't it be good
Fat Boys & Chubby Checker - The Twist

Ooooh yeah :D

The latest tune I've been playing repeatedly is Rihanna - Unfaithful (Both the vocal and the instrumental), not only because I love it, but I'm trying to learn how to play the bugger.

Now you're talkin. Blue Monday '88?

minimeeze said:

Cool. Siamese Dream is one of the best albums ever made and I bought it the day it came out - though I am kind of admitting to old age by saying that :crying: :LOL:

Hmmmm. Listening to at the moment?

The loudest gobby computer programmer that the company I work for has to offer!

In my more musical moments recently...

Some Steve Earle
Lynyrd Skynyrd (the early stuff - who said anything about old age???)
Aerosmith
Hendrix
Stevie Ray Vaughan
Muse
Sex Pistols

Back