What are you shooting up to 14/11/2010

KIPAX

Seriously Likeable
Name
KIPAX Lancashire UK
Edit My Images
No
As most of us also shoot midweek isnt it better to ask what we are doing for the week rather than a weekend.. people dont know to add days before or after a weekend.. Lets start the threads on a monday? waddaya fink?

So lets have shooting up to and including the following sunday

MON 8th: Kickboxing sportraits for local paper doing a 2 page spread on martial arts

TUE 9th: As above but two more clubs

FRI 12th: Boxing tournament in Blackburn

SAT 13th None league football (waiting for paper to choose)

SUN MORN 14th: indoor 7 aside football 9am-10am
SUN AFT 14th: Blackburn rovers ladies for BRFC

Last edited:
Very funny!

I'm off as a punter with my Mummy on Saturday, Tobers, I'll give you a wave!

So its saturday? I will take a wild guess at rugby?

Last edited:
Yes, sorry, rugby union at Twickenham.

to be honest it was an easy guess at rugby.. but thats all i could ahve guessed. nothing else as i dont follow rugby.... i tend to play games rather than just ask.. its my SOH :)

Busy week for me...

Weds 10th - Swansea City v Bristol City
Fri 12th - Ospreys v Leicester
Sat 13th - Wales v South Africa
Sun 14th - Swansea City v Middlesbrough
Cardiff Devils v Newcastle Vipers

Mon 15th - Well earned rest

Elite League Ice Hockey mate! Got bored of EPL ice hockey so want to see the big boys play!

Ha right never done elite.. in fact not done any ice hockey in ages and non planned.. shame used to like it as well ..

Tues: Stoke v Birmingham
Weds: Man City v Man United
Sat: Wales v South Africa
Sun: Everton v Arsenal

How's that?

Fri: Cardiff Blues v Exeter (or Ospreys v leicester) unconfirmed yet
Sat: Gloucester v Saracens
Sun: London Irish v Scarlets

More crappy LV rugby which wont be picked up because of internationals dominating. Really pushing to get some football in as im sure its essential to progress.

Tuesday - Spurs v Sunderland
Wednesday - Leicester v Sheffield Utd
Saturday - Leicester v Derby
Sunday - Chelsea v Sunderland

woooh! That's a lot, I need to up my schedule then! Got asked to West Ham tonite, but at a gig, so couldn't :-(

Yeah i know and very probably soon to be single!! Havent told the other half about Sunday's game as well!!

What gig are you at? not that you need any excuse not to go to West Ham!! :D

Yeah i know and very probably soon to be single!! Havent told the other half about Sunday's game as well!!

That whole work life balance thing ... yeah, I'm playing that game. Not too difficult at the mo, but if I eat up every weekend, it might get a bit tense. So long as I keep on showing him pictures in the paper, he's happy and I think he likes telling people I'm a sports photographer.

Linkin Park at the O2. Should be a laugh.

Oi....watch it you.

That whole work life balance thing ... yeah, I'm playing that game. Not too difficult at the mo, but if I eat up every weekend, it might get a bit tense. So long as I keep on showing him pictures in the paper, he's happy and I think he likes telling people I'm a sports photographer.

Linkin Park at the O2. Should be a laugh.

It does put a massive strain on relationships...and it doesn't get any easier if you go to photography full-time. It's just the same, they do 9-to-5 and you do weekends. It does mean you're not seeing each other much. It requires a very understanding partner...

My girlfriend has got used to it now, but for a long time it was very strained...especially when it was work on spec. I'd disappear for the day on a Saturday and/or Sunday, and then come back frantically looking for photos the next day. When I didn't get any I'd be annoyed and frustrated that I'd spent money without earning anything. That strained the relationship almost to breaking point.

Now that it's shift fees and expenses it's a lot more bearable. The locations are generally closer (ie. down the road at Bristol City) and I'm therefore able to spend weekend mornings doing the whole boyfriend thing...we then make the most of weekday evenings when she's not at work and nor am I...I get to be the house husband during the week as well. Means she gets dinner cooked for her every evening and it's ready just after she gets in from work, and not hours afterwards.

It does take a lot of effort though, and understanding on both sides. God knows what will happen if we have kids though!!

Last edited:
Fri: Cardiff Blues v Exeter (or Ospreys v leicester) unconfirmed yet
Sat: Gloucester v Saracens
Sun: London Irish v Scarlets

More crappy LV rugby which wont be picked up because of internationals dominating. Really pushing to get some football in as im sure its essential to progress.

Don't forget that if you're at Ospreys...They're in Bridgend now and not Swansea!

As a bog standard amateur tog I know where I will be every week. Southend RFC 100% certain.

For the second Sunday in a row, an early start and through to Edinburgh for the Inter-district youth hockey tournament.

Getting out of bed early on a Sunday is hard going!

wed wigan v liverpool
sat villa v man u then stoke v liverpool
sun everton v arsenal

Wednesday - Newcastle Utd v Blackburn Rovers
Saturday - Carlisle Utd v Southampton

Last edited:
It does take a lot of effort though, and understanding on both sides.

That's why I wouldn't try to do it every weekend even if I became good enough.

I've just started videoing Westcombe Park first XV when they play at home. It's not well paid but it pays for me to take the missus out. :love:

God knows what will happen if we have kids though!!

When they are younger you can get away with it. When they get older they'll be doing their own activities at weekends. I want to watch mine as much as poss.

Until I get made redundant in a year to 15 months I start at work at 6am and finish at 2pm. That suits me just fine and dandy.

Yesterday was watching my 13 year old (well he was 12 then - 13 today) playing school rugby as kick off was at 3pm).

Today watching my 16 year playing school rugby as well as kick off was at 2:30pm. I was the only parent there as most were either at work or couldn't be bothered.

My kids appreciate it now and hopefully wont put me in an old people's home in a few years time....

Looking at City end first half, I can see two togs in pits to the left and right of the goals.

Loads of cameras behind the goal as well.

Where were you Phil?

I've had Mon & Tues down in Kent for an ice skating event. Arrived home about 10.30 last night. This morning (Wed) I start to unload the car and sort out some orders I brought back when the phone rings. Go down to London on Thurs and print 100 7x5 from a children in need celeb shoot. From there I go up to Oxford for another ice skating event on Friday (7.30 am start). Home sometime Friday evening. Already been offered one job in Leeds for Saturday and usually get to know of any newspaper commissions Thurs or Friday. My wife has stepped in and told me to take weekend off (whaaaaaaaaaaaat!). Knowing the workload already in the diary she has decided I've to take her out for a meal on Saturday as she's not likely to see me much over the next few weeks.

Its tough being you own boss! :shrug:

Last edited:
Show her who is boss Graham..

Only joking.

How many miles do you do per year?

Show her who is boss Graham..

Had to phone home tonight and tell her I've booked a game on Saturday, wasnt very happy even though its only 30 miles away :thumbsdown:

How many miles do you do per year?

Not sure as I dont really keep a check. My last car had 140,000 on the clock and as my wife has just bought a new one I've now got her old one with only 45,000. Seem to be up and down the country at the moment so expecting to add a few more miles on the clock before Xmas.

Looking at City end first half, I can see two togs in pits to the left and right of the goals.

Loads of cameras behind the goal as well.

Where were you Phil?

I was in lazy corner, to the left of your tv screen... 4 or 5 in from the far end of photographers.

At one end there looked like a much larger dugout for togs and it looked crammed.

Didn't look like too much room for a laptop.

Guessing you'll not be in Cardiff tomorrow then?

I was actually going to be coming on the train and had an offer of a lift... been swapped to a Villa v United and Stoke v Liverpool double header instead

Last edited:
Back