Mine are here:

Duck: Mandarin
Tit: Great Tit
Finch: Bullfinch & Goldfinch
Owl: European Eagle owl & Barn owl
Bird of prey: Buzzard
Corvid: Jackdaw
Game: Partridge

There are others i love out of the rest, the Dunnock is such a lovely bird even though it's not bursting with colours, Grey heron, wren, amongst others especially and not forgetting the one and only Robin :love:

Best wishes
Cliff

Probably best to state favorite british bird. Or you could finish with 100s of lists.

I think it's got to be an Indian Scops Owl :} I want to do an owl experience pretty bad!

I like to photograph swans - because I am a total beginner, and they are beautiful and stay still long enough for me to photograph them ...

But my favourite bird of all is the Red Kite, without a doubt.

Sarah Michelle Geller but seeing as only British birds are allowed it will be Kelly Brooke

opps wrong type of bird

I like robins, lots of colour and plenty of them about in my Grans back garden so easy pickings

I agree with the twitchy bird comment, stay still will ya? :)
Also agree on swans for us noobs, beautiful birds, nice n easy to shoot
I know the starling might be high on most lists, but i get them breeding around my house, and they're a funny bunch when the ckicks come
Very mischiefous wee beggers
I'd like to photo some big birds of prey one day, so might go osprey chasing this spring to start.

Owls and ospreys. In general... I like my BOP, I like them wild and I like them to be local - which makes ospreys particularly hard to come by, since we only get to see them stopping off for a week or so during migration if lucky! Having said that, I've seen more ospreys this year than barn owls :(

Jay.. full of character, colourful and will perform for peanuts.

Runners-up are the long-tailed tit and the goldfinch.

Nothing exotic, just the ones that give the most pleasure to watch for the least effort..

With my name it should be redshank and they are definitely among my favourites.

Most of the time it is whatever birds I'm looking at and the situation, so a few are -

several thousand barnacle geese from Svalbard arriving at Mersehead on the Solway,

a group of long tailed tits tumbling through bushes at the end of the garden,

about 50 starlings squabbling, jostling and settling down for the night on an illuminated Tescos sign at a retail park in Inverness,

a glimpse of a kingfisher flying up a local stream, and

an arctic skua mirroring every manoeuvre of a tern it was pursuing.

Dave

We get lots of Nuthatches on the feeders. They're great to watch as come in fast and tend to be able to reach any part of the feeder. There is one who consistently dive bombs the big fat squirrel that scoffs most of our food - my wife calls it the Kamikaze as she's certain the squirrel could do it serious damage.
Favourite bird of Prey - Osprey

Back