What bag for MF gear?

Name
Mike
Edit My Images
Yes
What I'm looking for is something that will comfortably fit a Bronica SQ-A with 80mm lens and hood and the speed grip and then have separate compartments for two more lenses (50mm and 150mm), 2 x flashes and another pouch for any extra stuff (film holder, triggers, cables, lightmeter, filters) It would be good to be able to attach my Manfrotto 190XPROB and 804RC2 head onto the back of the bag.

Ideally this would be a backpack setup... and also include room for say water bottle, torch, swiss arm knife, compass, map, you know all the usual things you'll need for the great outdoors...? I know I'm looking at something big (metal frame backpack) and possibly quite pricy... Any suggestions would be welcome (y)

I may have found what I'm looking for...

Tamrac Adventure 10

5550-open-red-M.jpg

I'm a fan of the Lowe Pro backpacks myself. Really well built and more than up to the task.
Most importantly, the rucsac belt is very comfortable and fully adjustable.

I've had mine almost 9 years and it shows no sign of giving up the ghost. So I reckon they are a good investment .

You'll be amazed how quickly they fill up once you have all of the aforementioned paraphernalia - you may want to have space for a couple of extra film backs too...and you may want to consider getting one that can accommodate that Large Format outfit that you're probably hankering for at some point...;)

Cheers

Ha - not hankering after LF just yet - still getting my head around MF!

Good point about the backs - I'll also need space for an extra 120 back and the bulky Polaroid back.

I think this Tamrac one will do nicely for some light backpacking in South Africa come April ;)

I have a Tamrac Expedition-5, and it holds my Mamiya 645, grip, 210mm lens, two 35mm bodies with a few lenses, a flash, plus all the batteries etc, and it has a big flat pocket for maps or even laptop etc, and the tripod fastens to the back.
It may be a bit small for you with all the extras you're on about but they do an 'Expedition-6' too.
Whatever, I've been very pleased with Tamrac as a brand so far.:)

Thanks for this - they seem to be the only option for me at this point. I'd also like to bring my digi camera as well (40D) and 24-105mm lens, so the bigger the better.

May as well have room for a kitchen sink as well :LOL:

Back