What Batteries do you use in your flashgun?

DinoS

Hmmmmm.......Paste!
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi,

As title, Im looking at rechargeable batteries for my canon flash,

What do you use?

thanks

Mark

I've been using non rechargeable Duracels. It's so easy to have a couple of boxes in the bag so I've never bothered with rechargeables myself. I probably should though.

There have been a couple of threads about the "eneloop" batteries, I believe there are a few others also available that are a similar spec (y)

i used kodak non rechargables, the pound shop were selling them in packs of 12, ok they didnt last huge amounts of time but 12 for a quid anit bad..

i used kodak non rechargables, the pound shop were selling them in packs of 12, ok they didnt last huge amounts of time but 12 for a quid anit bad..

A decent 2700mah rechargeable can be had for not much more and it'll last more than 12 times as long......

I've been using 2700mAh Fujicells (quid each), but on recommendation I've now got some 2000mAh Eneloops which are having their first run through at the moment

I'm using Fujicell 2700Mha, have been for a couple of years and can't fault them.

Rob.

2200 mah recharge x 15

Aldi's rechargeable batteries, got 8 sets in total and never let me down once. Bargain :)

Sanyo Eneloops. Absolutely superb performance from a rechargeable hybrid battery (y)

where do you get the sanyo enelops? also what charger can i use?

thanks

mark

see the links above for the eneloops or the infiniums (basically the same thing...). You can use any normal battery charger to charge them, though 7dayshop often have cheap ones that include 4 of the decent batteries.

Energizer 2000mah rechargies. Never run them flat from normal shooting.

Uniross 2700mAh and 1 hour charger, £17.48 on Amazon. (y)

I have been using Uniross 2700mAh which I bought off play for about £15 including charger.

They do a little, but there is a built in fan blowing air across them all the time they are charging. Some people say 15 minute chargers fry the batteries, but I have been using them for ages, and recharged them many times without problem. Great to slip in your bag, and if you start to run short, you know that you will have a set charged in 15 minutes. Mind you, the uniross hybrios keep their charge for up to a year, and are fully charged when purchased. I wouldn't be without mine. Trouble is, I have to keep retrieving them from clocks, grandkids toys, toothbrushes, etc..... :)

Fujicell 2800 mAh. Always worked, always been reliable.

Isn't it true that the 580EX II will fire quicker with certain batteries?

I bought batteries from 7DayShop with a charger. I bought two sets. I believe they're 2,200mAh but it seems to take 2-3 to fire again on 1/1 power.

15 minutes :eek: I bet they get a bit warm if taking a full charge from flat.

I've got a fan-cooled Uniross 15 minute charger for mine (takes about 20-25 minutes for the 2700mAh) and, touch wood, no problems to date with overheating, unlike the previous uncooled chargers I had, one of which melted mid-charge :LOL:

eneloops - they rock!

Any RC racer on here should tell you that cooling cells while charging them isn't necessarily a good idea.
I was at a meeting once when 3 cells exploded, it was fairly exciting but very lucky nobody got hurt.

I have been using the UniRoss AA Hybrio (2100mAh) rechargeables and have been very pleased with the results.

- I believe they are of the same Hybrid technology as the Sanyo Eneloops, and whereas a normal rechargeable does tend to lose its charge more quickly when not being used, the Hybrio has been retaining its charge longer.

According to the instructions, they are capapble of retaining up to ~75% of their charge after a year of not being used. This suits me as I will use the flash for an hour or so and then not again for another week or two. The current set in my flash that I have been using in this pattern was last charged about two-three months ago.

Back