What birds or bird have you seen today – communal thread, I hope!

Beautiful day out on the moors, even the slight breeze felt warm, I nearly forgot it's still only March!

Out taking my 'daily exercise' and the Skylarks were in full song this morning, lovely to hear and see

Skylark.jpg

I caught this in my back garden, just as the sun was going down.
(it was being reflected off the houses opposite)

1p.jpg

Last edited:
A rather flashy Mandarin Duck at my local park taken during our allowed exercise ....

mandarin-head-shot-9350.jpg

mandarin-duck-9326.jpg

A Jackdaw in the church yard. This was taken from my doorstep; in my search for wildlife I've always gone looking... Only on lockdown have I realised the churchyard is regularly visited by loads of Corvids. I plan on staking out the best angles/times of day for the foreseeable. I was fairly pleased with this as a first go.

Jackdaw by Luke Case, on Flickr

Seen on today's walk. Not that great because I had the 105mm macro on but hey, it's a grey wagtail. The car is on the driveway of a house which is next to a stream. I have seen grey wagtails on the stream near the village before but very rarely. It's a male, and just before this shot it was hovering in front of the mirror having a bit of a go at its 'rival'. After this shot it flew towards the stream and didn't come back. Talk about right place right time..... :)

Grey wagtail 200423 01.jpg

Greylag Goose Anser anser and it's domesticated variant Anser anser domesticus on the Leeds - Liverpool Canal today at the halfway point.

geese-9857.jpg

Had a few visitors to my garden over the last few days. Just getting use to my Nikon again.DSC_0473.JPGDSC_0507.JPGDSC_0540.JPGDSC_0526.JPGDSC_0463.JPGDSC_0472.JPGDSC_0491.JPG

Back