What camera did I start with...

Name
Ryan
Edit My Images
Yes
I keep getting asked what the first SLR I ever shot with and as I can't remember what it was so was hoping from what little I do remember you maybe able to help...

Now I know it's not much use but it was a Nikon which I am guessing was bought by my father in the 80's which had a removeable piece above the veiwfinder so you could look down on the camera to see what you were shooting. If I remember rightly it must be one of the early ones to do this as for some reason I seem to recall a conversation with someone where the Canons of the time couldn't...

Any idea's or is that simply to vague...

My first 'real' one was a Mamiya ZE-X.

Mamiya-ZE-X.jpg

http://www.thecamerasite.net/01_SLR_Cameras/Pages/mamiyaze-x.htm

Thanks, could be either of those lol, I was hoping seeing one would jog a memory but I think it may have been to long ago :(

Pentax Spotmatic - a gift from my Granddad...

A Zenith something or other, then a Nikon F2 (I still have it). Nearly all my photography is digital now, but I huse the F2 now an again. There is something special about the fully manual/mechanical SLRs for me. Probably the build quality and the simple, direct, controls.

Back OT

I'm guessing (as has been suggested) a Nikon F3

Regards

My father handed me down one like this - not sure of the model number ?..well it was about 50years ago..!
showphoto.php
[/url][/IMG]

Back in the early '90s I started out using my Fathers Miranda F with a 50 mm lens.

Never, quiet got into it enough and lost interest (Archery took over).

My Father gave me both his Miranda cameras (an MS-3) recently and I am enjoying the pleasures of using film again.

Seen as I'm still in the infintile stages of photography my first film camera was this -
EOS300Xslant.jpg

Then recently had one of these pass through my hands -
Nettax-513-16.jpg

eos 650 and I took carp photos with it

started again on a 400d and learned now shoot film and digi and do all my own dev/printing

Back