What camera for indoor gymnastics.

Aye I think that's 3D tracking? and when something moves in front and you don't want it to lose the original subject when this happens.

I didn't want to mentioned tracking at this early stage and just focused on suggesting what I reckon is the easiest setup to use and obtain decent shots. Once she has got to grips with the camera then subject tracking could be a good thing to try. How good is the D700 with tracking? I've rarely touched on it with my D750 but the videos I've seen of the Sony A7iii and A9 (eye tracking) are not only incredibly accurate but also very fast.

Check this out, it's insane!

Ok. Misunderstanding..thought that was what we were talking about.
You're talking about tracking focus locking onto a subject, which you do want for most moving things. What myself and the others were referring to was whether the AF changes (tracks) during burst mode, or whether focus is locked to a fixed point at the first shot, which you don't want. Does this help clarify, or confuse more? ;)

You're talking about tracking focus locking onto a subject, which you do want for most moving things. What myself and the others were referring to was whether the AF changes (tracks) during burst mode, or whether focus is locked to a fixed point at the first shot, which you don't want. Does this help clarify, or confuse more? ;)

Yeah. Losing interest now..

Back