What can I get for my money?

Name
Lucy
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi there, I'm looking for your advice if you don't mind helping me out? :)

I have a budget of about £400 (£500 max at a push) and I want to get the best equipment for my money - I'm not a pro, just a keen amateur willing to learn and build a portfolio to later possibly make some kind of money from photography, although at the moment I'm not sure how! :LOL:

I was considering a Canon EOS 400D but what do you reckon? For my first SLR, I don't want to waste money, you know?

Thanks anyone in advance for your help or thoughts :D

Thank you - that's really helpful :D Didn't think to run a search - silly me!

IMO, that is worth considering. From the Nikon side of things, Perhaps a D40 or a D50? Very good cameras tbh, though for me the D40 is out because it has no top LCD. But some don't mind that. The D50 has possibly the best 6MP sensor made to date, which iirc was also used in the D40. I personally don't like the 400D, but then I'm a nikon man, and prefere the handling of Nikons to canon. HTH :)

I TO WOULD GO FOR THE 10d TO LEARN ON A GREAT CAMERA AND THEY ARE GOING FOR SILLY MONEY THESE DAYS, WHAT ELSE WITH THAT QUALITY WOULD YOU GET FOR £200

Wow Karen that's brill. Let me do a bit of research and I'll get back to you! Thanks loads! :D

Back