What car do you drive?

I just wait until I don't need to accelerate that quickly.

Me too. EV power is also far more reliable as there isn't the stop/start getting in the way or emission control which will stop full throttle in quite a lot of situations.

The Leaf will trounce the Jag away from the lights, especially if Eco mode is deselected. No lag, no gear change hesitation, just acceleration. Not sure how far it would take the Jag to catch up (and I wouldn't want to go further than 35 miles from home in the Leaf without knowing for sure there was a charge point available at the far end!)

No idea :) 18 plate Rsport with a massive problem with two things, the diamond cut wheels which keep having me over the edge, I have OCD when it comes to wheels and these keep getting crap under the lacquer and going cloudy, have spoke to jag, I think they are going to have to be changed to none diamond cut, they have fixed these 3 times now. the other issue is the lag, stick your foot to the floor from standstills and there is a second or two delay before anything happens, terrifying at roundabouts when you are trying to get our quick.......

Aye that'll be the x260 (2016 onwards). The previous model had lag issues with the 2.2d but a remap could help reduce it, or you could get the 3.0d V6 twin turbo. Although it's a parallel sequential system with the big turbo being the primary (although it is variable vane), so I guess it must just be the engine size which helps overcome it?

But I know what you mean about lag, a couple of Mercs I've had as courtesy cars all suffered from it, in particular a brand new GLE350. You would have a nice huge gap in traffic and go to pull out and nothing would happen, the soilage begins as the traffic thunders towards you and then suddenly everything would come on full power and the car would be scrambling for traction. Bloody awful.

Back