What do you do with a dead body?

Name
Amit
Edit My Images
No
I had a 1000D which I took with me when I left to go travelling about 3 months ago. 3 days into the trip the body went faulty! Extremely annoying as it went faulty on the flight to the bottom of the himalayas where I was starting my trek to the everest base camp!

Anyway when I got to Bangkok, my next destination I picked up a replacement 450d for the rest of the trip, but now I have a partially faulty 1000D. What can I do with it? Is there anywhere I can recycle it for a bit of cash?

It turns on, autofocuses, flash pops up, but it wont take any pics and 'busy' flashes in the viewfinder. Its in absolutely mint condition and I really hate the thought of just throwing it away!

Any ideas?

Best thing to do with a dead body is bury it quick and maybe not advertise it on a national forum :LOL:

Seriously though best bet is stick it on ebay if its worth anything it will sell if not you`ve not lost anything as it is useless to you anyway.

Last edited:
obviously this will depend on the nature of the fault and the cost involved, but how about converting it for Infra Red use? I'm considering doing that to my 1000D when I upgrade.

Sell it on eBay claiming it is in mint condition. That's what a good number of people seem to do...

I usually fill the bath with really strong acid then get the cleaver out of the attic... Oh.. wait, your talking about a camera aren't you......

Allan

I would call up Canon and ask. A quick google gave me this thread:
http://www.inspiring-photography.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34930

He got it fixed for free even though it was outside of warranty.

EDIT: Another thread

http://www.flickr.com/groups/1000d/discuss/72157615797381484/

Thanks so much for posting this link! I remember reading the thread before but didn't get down to the part where they got it repaired free of charge.

I sent mine off to Colchester Camera Repair and it was returned within a few days fully working and free of charge! Excellent communication from their guys and a fast turn around when other authorised service centres on the canon site didn't even know about this common issue. :clap:

So the correct answer to 'what do you do with a dead body?' is package is up, attach a label and send it off to Colchester Camera Repair!!! (Although I would only recommend this for the camera variation of dead body)

Last edited:
Back