what do you think about my mohito?

Name
Nick
Edit My Images
Yes
20210526_221443.jpg

Hey, I shot this mohito and I wanted to know how it looks? its raw picture this one and I am open to suggestions for edtiting with light room.

You have a serious problem with colour balance.

Ignoring the colour, viewed small on the phone, the background is messy and top down POV doesn't appeal.

Last edited:
I would shoot it from the side, less saturated colors and I will bring attention to the ice in the drink. You also need to add some point of interest beyond the ice such as lime, mint and the spoon perhaps.

Try to keep the lighting localised to the drink itself to highlight the contents. As your shot is roughly the same colour all over it detracts from your subject, darker background will help.

@luckypig welcome to Talk Photography, please don't take the above comments too much to heart, I'm sure you liked the image and I am pretty sure purple is what you were going for ;) People are trying to give what might be helpful feedback even if the comments do sound a bit harsh on what I assume is your first or second photo on here.

@luckypig welcome to Talk Photography, please don't take the above comments too much to heart, I'm sure you liked the image and I am pretty sure purple is what you were going for ;) People are trying to give what might be helpful feedback even if the comments do sound a bit harsh on what I assume is your first or second photo on here.
That is true. The comments can be deflating if you are just starting out and feeling super proud of your shot BUT following the feedback I got there is definite marked improvement in my photography.

I think it is an ok photo - it is a tricky subject in some ways to get right. I wonder if you could have used a different aperture.

I would shoot it from the side, less saturated colors and I will bring attention to the ice in the drink. You also need to add some point of interest beyond the ice such as lime, mint and the spoon perhaps.

Try to keep the lighting localised to the drink itself to highlight the contents. As your shot is roughly the same colour all over it detracts from your subject, darker background will help.

thanks I will have that in mind for the next shot!

Back