What do you think for a first attempt?

Its nice but very dark on my monitor, maybe the vignetting could be lessened a bit? Also maybe clone out that weird little bit of cloud (contrail?) right in the middle as it draws the eye a bit.
Lovely colours though.

Last edited:
Yes i Like this shot, cracking reflection, not sure if thats optical vignetting or in the PP. Overall looks pleasing, lovely colours. Like Chris says i think i'd out that "I" in the middle as the eye is drawn to it.
Well done Nice I like it!

This is my first proper attempt at doing a sunset, what do you think?

Sunset by The Wonky Lens, on Flickr

Taken with a D3200 and a kit lens, is the widest lens i have :)

a split image shot...for me i would concentrate on the water and crop down to just above where the little contrail is...and clone it out as well

cheers
geof

I think it's a fine first effort. You have waited for the sun to set which has given you the nice light. A bit too dark for my taste, and I'm not a vignette fan, but on the whole you've captured a pleasing composition. It's a lot better than my early efforts!
You now might want too find some interesting subjects and look upon the sunset as just the lighting for those subjects. Try a few with the setting sun behind or to the side of you and just see how the light and shadows affect the landscape around you.

I think it's a cool shot, I like the horizon being in the middle and the water reflection.
As said possibly a bit to much vignetting, but if that's what you like.
Also again as said before that little vertical streak is a bit distracting, looks like shiz on the lens.

Back