What do you think of my landscape photos?

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
No
DSC_0078-1-2_zps024bac43.jpg

DSC_0048-1-2_zps5a19cd3e.jpg

Can you please give me some feedback on these photos?

Thanks

Hi Chris,
Welcome to the forum.
The main problem with both of these shots is the lack of foreground interest or a lead in line. Something to help draw the viewer into the photo towards the main focal point. I think these would both be better at a better time of day, when the light is softer. Usually the very beginning or end. The first lacks a main focal point in my opinion, and the second, I can see is the tree, which would be better on the rule of thirds.
Have a look at chromatic abberation also, as you have some around the trees in the first. If shot in raw it takes a second to remove in adobe camera raw.
Jake

#1 the perspective doesn't work for me, just looking across the tops of some trees with no particular point of interest ... hate the text!

#2 Poor exposure as camera has exposed for the sky and again no particular point of interest - slope to the field, though natural, doesn't help - generally uninteresting ... hate the text!

Sorry! :(

Hi Chris,
Firstly welcome to the Forum since you are new! I think what is missing from these landscapes is an element of composition and understanding the quality of light.

So there isn't a strong foreground interest or leading lines to guide you through the image unfortunately, and there is a question of what is the subject ?

Furthermore, the sky is over saturated I think.

Try shoot during the golden hours of sunrise and sunset, where the light is really nice will help, but this is in conjunction of effective composition as well

Cheers,

andy

Welcome to TP Chris.

I agree with what has been said already.
We all make these sort of mistakes keep at it and try again.

Back