What do you think of this 'look'?

Name
Rob
Edit My Images
No
Any comments on the effect here? Is it too simple? Too plain? Is it's simplicity appealing?

CRISS-CROSS

crisscross1sil-XL.jpg

Last edited:
I like it a lot, although a knife has lost a bit of definition to it's outline.

Well IMHO, it's still a great picture and thePP is great .

Rob, I think the process is really great (y), the only issue i have is the layout, it does look as though the knives and forks have been placed purposly rather than just dropping them randomly, if that makes sence ?..

Rob, I think the process is really great (y), the only issue i have is the layout, it does look as though the knives and forks have been placed purposly rather than just dropping them randomly, if that makes sence ?..

Fair cop! I did actually place them very carefully because they scratch easily, or at least enough to show up on a macro shot, and I want to take some more shots with them.

Anyway, isn't 'chaos' meant to really be quite structured and ordered?:LOL:

Fair cop! I did actually place them very carefully because they scratch easily, or at least enough to show up on a macro shot, and I want to take some more shots with them.

Anyway, isn't 'chaos' meant to really be quite structured and ordered?:LOL:

(y):thumbsdown:(y):clap::LOL:

being picky.

When I do cutlery photography (sounds really sad but I really enjoy the solutions) I get right in and clone out the blemishes that always seem to be present. Suggest something similar.

Not sure what the PP effect is that you've applied but I would really like to see a blended image.

Like the shot though- don't mind placing them to ge tthe shot you want.

I like the gritty processing on the first image, but I do agree you need to have another whack at it so you can keep the knife definition.
I might have to have a go at cutlery!

I like it Rob the PP really works.

Simple yes! but simple is very effective, gets my (y) up

I really like this Rob, in fact I like both images. But I'm more drawn to the processing you've used in the first one. Defiantly works for me (y)

I like you're processing in the first image but the OCD in me prefers them all in a line ! Acutely,looking at it twice you have three forks which make a triangle and only two knives, may be worth adding a 3rd knife and see if you can come up with a similar pattern.

I like you're processing in the first image but the OCD in me prefers them all in a line ! Acutely,looking at it twice you have three forks which make a triangle and only two knives, may be worth adding a 3rd knife and see if you can come up with a similar pattern.

Those helicopter blades don't look quite straight to me...:LOL:

Seriously... I need to do this again and I need a better composition. I never noticed the uneven number of knives versus forks! I go around with my eyes closed.:eek:

I think that you've stolen my cutlery :bat: :LOL: I have those ones with the hoops on the handles (y) personally I think that the first is a little too heavily processed I can see what you were going for but I would dial it back a little :thinking:

Matt
MWHCVT

Rob

Been away for a while so sorry for delay in responding

I think the B&W conversion pre final processing is excellent- that's one I would go for but as with all art- it's whatever floats your boat not mine.

Back